I am NOT old and stupid

jgruschow

Thanks.

Another unneeded backup

Hi Jack,

Been trying to work out why this post has that title - with no success, so I guess it's because I'm too young just yet to understand. ::)  When I was (much) younger I asked my eighty year old friend - (true, his name was Jack)  'Jack, how old do you have to be before you lose interest in the fairer sex?'  He ruminated for a while, sipping his scotch and water while gazing at the sunset, and eventually replied - 'Bill, I'll let you know'. Since about then, and more so as I age gracefully myself, I have always associated age with wisdom.  8)

Thanks.

Another unneeded backup

Hi Jack,

Been trying to work out why this post has that title - with no success, so I guess it's because I'm too young just yet to understand. ::)  When I was (much) younger I asked my eighty year old friend - (true, his name was Jack)  'Jack, how old do you have to be before you lose interest in the fairer sex?'  He ruminated for a while, sipping his scotch and water while gazing at the sunset, and eventually replied - 'Bill, I'll let you know'. Since about then, and more so as I age gracefully myself, I have always associated age with wisdom.  8)

Was just reading this post and had no intention of replying to anything about it until I read your post...I could not figure out the title either. But reading your comments reminded me of an 78 year old man I was helping with a PC quite a few years back. This guy was worth well over 100 milion US dollars and had been through several beautiful women. At the time I knew him I was having marital trouble and he knew it and after showing him something about using the NET one day I remarked about my turmoils with the marriage. He told me it was late and if I would come back that Friday we would discuss it and he would tell me the secret to women. I was not good friends or anything with this man...but knew of him and his history. He had made a fortune in the market and had been known as a playboy even at 78 years of age....and had a lot of his affairs talked about in the local papers. I thought this guy would know all there was to know about women. I went back and like you..and this is why I had to tell this...he gave me a scotch and water and was looking out onto his lake and I said "Well what is the secret to women"? He did not even look at me, and just said "Women are different". I said yeah...what else. He did not even look up just said "That's it, women are different". I thought what the heck...I came over here for this revelation. Well the older I got I realized he was right....and wisdom does come with age...women are different.....simple as that.   

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived