General Motors TBM-3E Avenger VH-MML preview

PeanutButterJelly

yes its almost done, i almost made it to the finals, for god pitty sake im tired and i want to go to sleep

everytime something popped up, like i found out just now, one arrow is standing in the wrong side of the wing,

but oh well, ill change that later this week,

allrite why i did this is just a goodbye present because i dont know how much time ill be needed to get back on internet @ my new adress

so, i would give you this as a small favour for all the support and nice conversations we had

still this is a preview, and small details will be looked at, for once, the blades are not transparant anymorem but still cut trough clouds

some shallow textures on the end of the tail, and for some reason i slipped my pen when doing those numbers, need the wheels and the big engine

anyway i wish you guys all the joy with it when its released

i have to thank naemick & hutchie for posting nice very nice pictures when i needed them the most

and i want to thank the guys up ozc if they want to host this pretty bird when its ready

and here it is, not to its final staging, but proud to present you : The preview of; General Motors TBM-3E Avenger VH-MML owned by

The Avenger TBM-3E BuNo 53857 (VH-MML) was constructed as one of a batch of 900 airframes that was ordered for the US Navy, allocated consecutive Bureau Numbers (BuNo) from 53050 to 53949.

Built in 1943, the service history of BuNo 53857 with the US Navy remains elusive but its life in civil service has been better documented.

In 1963 it was acquired by Central Air Service of Lewiston, Minnesota and registered as N7017C and remained with Central Air Service until 1972.

After a four-year hiatus, in 1976 the machine was registered to Forest Protection Limited (FPL) in the Canadian Province of New Brunswick as C-GFPM, after earlier success with the robust Avengers had convinced FPL of their suitability for water-bombing forest fires.

During its time with FPL, it was referred to as Tanker 21 and worked on fire bombing operations throughout Canada and the northern states of the USA. Early in 2005, FPL retired the last of its fleet of TBM Fire Bombers and advertised them for sale, at which time Steve Searle purchased the machine.

the real thing

Posted Image

and the one painted by me; enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you can see it reacts on various lighting, on the dawn flying against the sun itll turn the text a little blue-ish and the fuselage will turn blur-red when reflecting the sunlight

as i told before, im not done yet, but feel free to comment, suggest and to critisize this repainting

again thanks for the help and the quick posts of pictures needed, thanks guys

Looking good mate. Cant wait. Just a couple of things. I think the markings on the rear fuse need to be a bit smaller and if you want me to send you my prop file which is perfect i will do.

Cheers

your absolutly right thank you very much, and i can always use an extra set of pictures,

signs are addapted now, ill post another SS engine is done wheels need to be done :)

PLEASE can someone make a high resolution shot of the hood just before the window? i keep messing that part up

end fuselage is ok now, i just have to lower the right 144 sign

Posted Image

i putted a high resulotion engine in there, you can see that in the screenies, still have to do the wheels

so to finish this one i need a top view shot of atleast 1200 pixels wide and a straight shot taken from the frontside of the fuselage from both sides, since i keep messing that up eather

and now im going to sleep, im starting to make dumb mistakes and not sure what im doing is the right thing here, 2 days awake straight... ffs

Posted Image

take care for today guys, no updates till tomorrow, new photo's suggestions are welcome, after this one ill do requests, so please think about what you want

and keep it fsx compitable plz 2004 is ok, but i need more time to fix those, and this is one of em

Posted Image

thanks for the understanding

PBJ

You did an AMAZING job on that!

well nice to hear thank you, its not done yet i have some textures bothering me, just look under the engine, it'll take me more days to perfectionise this

its very difficult to paint like this, just wait a bit longer ans see a better result

niec hearing you like it, gives me new energy to go over this again

a small update on the textures, allready made a new skin for the 2nd release of the tbm-3e

this skin is also aplyable on the vh-mml

bc that it solves most of the irritating puzzeling, so this is a huge pregress on the vh-mml

one step closer to finishing touch

to bad i cant make it to friday to make this happen, so you have to wait untill my return on internet

im sorry, but i will stay away for atleast a wekk or to, might be much longer

meanwhile i can continue painting and when im back on the net youll have it and i bet there will be more to show you guys by then

so my appologies for not being fast enough before i move out

anywayz

have fun with the new improved skin screenshots

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

special thanks to divad_strebor for the small tutorial ;)

cheers

PBJ

yes but its limited to the sides only, kinda stupid, so if you know how to solve that would be apreciated,

i think you have to do something with the window textures, but i dont know what exactly

so if anyone knows a solution to that

Ill send you my textures files for that. and the prop. wouldnt even know its from FS9.

here it is http://rapidshare.com/files/202667039/tbm3winddowsprop.zip.html

Archived