[WIP] General Motors TBM-3E Avenger VH-MML testpaint

PeanutButterJelly

yes you saw it right, he made the repaint of an GM TBM3 Avenger VH-MML owned by Steve Searle

it was not a request or so, but i was planning to repaint this plane anyways, thats why i asked for any download/ buy location

but seeing someone that anthousiastic about it i made this my first " real project "

As you can see its still far from completion, some textures need to be relowered or slightly moved, the propellor is still a bitt transparant and some parts are just tricky to do

but i couldnt leave it like this without sharing the fans of this wonderfull pease of art

i painted one wing at the wrong side etc etc

so after a few hours on the drawtable ( yes i use a pen to draw on my compy ) this is what came out, so yea its not complete ( thats why its a wip )

still to cover some problems like a slighty transparant prop and moving some textures this is getting nice

it reflects on sunshine, i also added the sensor lights to be true and all that kinda stuff

its not done yet, but i hope you all like it so far,

just one little question, where can i host this after hitting " this is awesome i want to download!!" when this change from a WIP to a DL

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey matey, Awesome to see that someones doing a repaint of the big girl.. Just one thing i noticed is the numbers and what not look a bit big.. but yeh i'm no repainter so wouldn't Iknow lol.. I have a couple of shots that may come in handy. I would have got better shots last time i was went down to cooly but i wasn't aware anyone was doing any repaints for it.. Here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MML is currently at Port Maquarie Grounded as it had Engine Troubles which is a shame because now MML and VTB are both down..So maybe someone in The Port Maquarie area might be able to go and get some shots but yeh..

Cheers mate

hey thanks for the big ups here, and neamick i beat you to it, i have those pics allready, the plane is looking better now, i had to work, and i have to do some stuff now for getting my movements going, but ull see some dev's later today i promiss you all !!!

as i told this will be photrealistic painting, meaning i use high rendered out textures, so the filesize will be a bit higher as normal but youll get the results as youll see here

only better, the text and beautiful signs are addapted allready, and added some small text where it should belong

im now working on the engine and anyone that wants its face stuk on the pilot should give me their face pic right away!

the first one sends it, will have a go on my try-out

so what you see here are old pics, and the plane is looking better and better, but i have to do the tricky parts yet, ill keep you posted

thanks for all the help and positive reactions, i thank you all

PJB

Ps anyone in the neighberhood The Port Maquarie area or the location of this beast, please take a picture streight from the engine

i know there are a few on the net but they suck all even the big pics, so anyone that will help me out with this earns a credit on the painting credits

sorry for the doublepost, but i cant alter the one below me

so, i just give you all a small update on the retextureing as parts were to big etc etc

phase one consist the repainting of the tail end the end of the fuselage

wich is a pain in the *** because you have to render it out ( again )

but as you can see here it all worked nicely

Posted Image

after that the tricky part begins, since you have tiny bits of puzzle and small amount of blank texture, so i create a cheat, what i like to call the weather effect, like rusty stripes etc

first the front side of the engine, that worked out, and now the maching thing since you have to cover the wing, you dont want to have wing texture over the fuselage,

a tricky part but i get the hand of it ( after a few hours of agonizing )

Posted Image

Something you dont forget is the pride of this ride, his beauty of an engine, now i still want to have a picture of the frontside of the engine, but the propellors are worked out

heres the result

Posted Image

this concludes phase 3, and one side is completed, i mean the fuselage

next i have to do wheels wings, lighting etc etc so i keep posting updates if the admins wont mind, since i cant alter my posts after an hour or so...

after looking this in flight, the props are very well done,

Posted Image

the fuselage is even wors than i expected, back to the drawing board

Posted Image

Archived