Vans-installation problems (and where is the steam gauges?)

Medtner

Hi,

A couple of issues - the download from FlightSim Store was blocked by Google Chrome because it was "malicious". I tried downloading it several times (and had other downloads from FlightSim Store work flawlessly). Eventually I ignored the warning and opened it with no problem.

The install however said that FSX missed some fonts (Consola and corbel, whatever that means), and I could either abort, retry or ignore. I have looked, and those seem to be present in the fonts-folder of FSX. 

Trying to ignore this the and installed the plane. It opens and seem to work, but I can't find any loading manager or any way of changing to the steam-gauge cockpit...

Chrome is bugging me lately... I get that malicious file thing too - isn't there a way to override it?  If you press Dismiss the file is saved but as a weird title.  You can always change it to xyz.zip and it will be working.

Anyway the RV4 panels are per paint job.... so scroll down to some of the other ones near the bottom and they will be steam gauges.

I didn't have those font issues but I wonder if it's a Windows language thing?  I'm in the US fwiw

Chrome is bugging me lately... I get that malicious file thing too - isn't there a way to override it?  If you press Dismiss the file is saved but as a weird title.  You can always change it to xyz.zip and it will be working.

Anyway the RV4 panels are per paint job.... so scroll down to some of the other ones near the bottom and they will be steam gauges.

I didn't have those font issues but I wonder if it's a Windows language thing?  I'm in the US fwiw

I overrode the malicious-warning, yes. No prob. :-)

Ahh, I should have guessed that. I tried looking at the different paint-jobs to see if there were any obvious differences, and I even tried one. Will try again. :-)

If you want to figure out, which has which panel, look and see if the specific paint has panel or panel.xp.  I would guess that the two panel folders are interchangeable among the paints, if you want to "fiddle". That requires matching up the model and model.xp folders also, since the interiors are different. Personally, it isn't worth it.

Hi Yeah some firewalls may call a warning for certain components due to digitally unsigned executables and fonts. Certainly not a mallicious piece of software.

As for the steam gauges, In fsx the last 4 repaints are steam and jabloom is correct if you wish to make some or all of the aircraft steam you need to modify the aircraft.cfg files.

In each repaint rename the following paramaters

model=XP
panel=XP

You will also need to go into that repaints texture folder and modify the texture.cfg to the following

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture.XP
fallback.2=..\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

• 1 year later...

I just had the same problem with OrbxFTXNZNZQN105.zip. This is the 4th ORBX module I've purchased but the first time I've experienced this problem.

I read a blog that recommended disabling malware / phishing protection in Chrome advanced settings so I did this and was able to download the file without incident.

I re-enabled the malware / phishing protection setting immediately afterwards.

This touches on a broader point about Google products that is becoming increasingly annoying: they think their tech knows what you really want better than you do (inline image orientation bug in gmail a good example)!

Archived