external monitor & FS Moving Map

wombat

Hi,

I believe that you can run FSX on the second screen (windowed?) and then select the gps or moving map and undock it, move it to the laptop screen and it should work.

you also need a VGA cable or similar

Nick

if fsx is in windowed mode i.e. like word or powerpoint, then all you have to do is right click on the moving map and click undock and it should be in its own window with the x in the top right hand corner.

Nick

yes it is in windows mode, I have managed to get both FSX and Moving Map on both screens, but there is no undock option on Moving Map and the undock on FSX only makes another window and only shows a virtual cockpit, any other ideas?

There is no undock in fsmoving map. Make sure flight sim is in windows mode then drag the whole window to your 24 inch monitor. Then load fs moving map and maximise it to fit the laptop screen. if you wish to use gps and other windows on top of moving map you can undock them from flight sim and move them to the lap top also hope this helps

Shane

Alt+Enter to switch to Windowed mode  then drag the FSMM to where you want it , do the same for any other windows and then Alt+Enter to switch back to full screen mode.

This will depend entirely whether the Dell Lappy will allow the use of the external VGA port as a second monitor and therefore fly on it while using the Lappy screen for FSMM.

yes it is in windows mode, I have managed to get both FSX and Moving Map on both screens, but there is no undock option on Moving Map and the undock on FSX only makes another window and only shows a virtual cockpit, any other ideas?

You might need to tell your Operating System to use both monitors independently. My Dell lappy at work did default to "clone" (both screens show the same, good for managers who want to use projectors, bad for engineers who want two screens). It's probably in the advanced settings for the screen/graphics card. At least that was my solution, you're mileage may vary.

Best regards

Marc

there is an option to use both monitors independently, when I select that it show MM and FSX on the 24in monitor and just my desktop background on the laptop with no icons on the laptop.

still scratching my head on this one.

there is an option to use both monitors independently, when I select that it show MM and FSX on the 24in monitor and just my desktop background on the laptop with no icons on the laptop.

still scratching my head on this one.

Now you can grab a window and move it over to the second screen. To have the start menu and such on the laptop display, you have to set it as primary display first. You should also tell windows where the monitors stand, so you move your windows to the right screen edge to get to the second monitor.

regards

Marc

Archived