NZMF Milford Sound - terrain problems

mikcol44

I am using Microsoft FSX with Global 2010 Mesh.

Last year (2013), I installed FTX New Zealand, the scenery looked very good. I then installed FTX NZMF Milford Sound, as before the airfield looked very good, this included NZMJ and T004. I flew in this area a few times with no problems. In March of this year (2014), I installed FTX Global and FTX Vector. The scenery in different parts of the world where I was using default before, was a big improvement.

A few days ago I decided to try Milford again, there appear to be terrain problems, either side of the runway there are banks which appear very angular, the road behind the airport buildings looks to be on a steep angle and a figure appears and then disappears through the tarmac ! Some of the flowers appear in the air. At NZMJ the aircraft appears sunk in the tarmac, but when moved back onto the grass sits correctly on the ground. T004 looks ok.

Any help with correcting this would be greatly appreciated. Hope the screenshots below show the problem.

Mike Collins

NZMF%20Milford%20Sound%20(1).jpg

Hi Mike,

pls check the ADE_FTX_NZxx__XXXX_elevation_adjustment files for given airports in the fsX/scenery/World/scenery folder, when the Oceania region is activated then the file extension should read .BGL when another region is activated the file extension should be .OFF

When set to .OFF then switch to default and back again with FTX Central, if that doesn't solve the issue then rename the given file extension to .BGL make sure that FTX Central is set to Oceania before doeing so.

Thank you Wolter, I'll give your suggestion a try. I'll post again when I've had a look.

Mike

I checked the files you mentioned, and they all seem to be correct. When the Oceania  region is activated the files have a .BGL extension,and when Global/default is activated the extension reads .OFF, I switched back and forwards a few times but problem still there.

I spawned on four airfields in Australia,they look ok.

I will check a few ftx airports in NA to see if there is a problem there.

Mike

Hi Mike,

by any chance you have any AI proggy installed ?

do a search in your main fsX folder for files that include *NZMF* in their name, see what that brings up, any file not related to FTX should be made inactive by renamimg the file extension to .OFF in this case if you want to revert something then you will be able to, if you delete the files you can't roll back the changes

Hi Wolter,

I looked for any NZMF files in FSX folder, and all are related to FTX.

I do have Just Flight Traffic X installed, but with Traffic X Airport Facilities disabled.

Mike

Hi Wolter,

I have just disabled and then removed NZMF from my FSX scenery library. I re-installed NZMF from my dvd, and everything looks fine! I have no idea what caused the problem in the first place, but perhaps this might be of some help to anyone else.

Thanks for your response

Mike

Archived