Some problems with the installation of the udpate files uk region+airports

pierrotl

Hello ^_^

Today I decided to install my new products ( region uk + airports). i did that without any problem.

After that, i decided to go to the support page to download product updates. Again no problem.

I receive compressed files, and when i try to unzip with winrar or winzip i have an error message telling me this :

archive invalid or corrupted file. None works. <_<

So, my question is simple, how can i do to finally install? :smile:

in advance, thak you for answers.

Pierre-Yves.

Hi Pierrot, which program did you use to decompress the files? For that purpose i use generally WinZip, 7Zip is also good. Sometimes the problem you have is due to the program used to decompress, it recognizes corrupted the archive where it's not.

After checking :

- udaptes files for the support page :

-EU WLS 00.1 it's ok

-EU WLS 00.2 it's ok from the cloud. But not by server network (not try by Google cloud)

For the EU ENG 001. 002. still doesn't work. But the 003 by the cloud it s ok !

*****************************************************************************************************

i use winzip or winrar the both in this case and anyone can open the 001. and 002 eng udpate.

Thanks for your feedback Pierrot :) It could be also the internet connection regards to the lost packages (unstable connection). Winrar, at least the version i have, is unable to decompress those files. WinZip pro (that i use) decompresses everything.

Generally i download the patches from the ORBX server, so i can assume that all the files you mentioned are ok in that server. I have used sometimes also the other servers when the speed was a bit slow in the situation, but i have never received corrupted files also from the other servers.

Please check the stability of your internet connection using the tests that contains also the lost package test.

Here is an example of these kind of tests:

http://test.ngi.it/

When you download the files it would be preferable leaving the pc doing only this task (even i know that with the multitasking you can do many more operations at the same time, but i have experienced some bad downloads when i was making other tasks while downloading large files).

Archived