Frame rates considerably low in comparison, FTX-AU SP4

Hey!

Ordernumber: #FSS0278416

I got the Australia SP4, Cairns and Brisbane, all in one go, though it was time to explore this area now when I got a new computer.

However, the frame rates was too low for the scenery to be usable. I understand it's a matter of what kind of computer you have, your settings, etc, and what you are expecting.

But when I'm at Cairns I get maybe 15-18 FPS compared to around 30 at FlyTampa Montreal, or Vienna, or Thessaloniki (which is about the same size).

I've tried in both FSX and P3D with same result. Not to talk about Brisbane, that is a terrible stuttering story. 

My question is really; is the AU package and the airports for that package more FPS demanding then the newer FTX products? And compared to let's say Montreal it doesn't make sense that Cairns would be stuttering. Is there some sort of fix for this?

​I love your work, but the FPS issue is too big for me to even be able to fly with ok settings, especially when other airports work just fine that would be in the same category of size and terrain etc.

Thanks,

Marcus

Frame rates at Orbx YBBN are reduced compared to other major airports. Its just a matter of changing the FSX scenery sliders and the YBBN control panel entries until you get a performance / visual balance that suits you.

There are several forum entries about YBBN frame rates such as http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/44293-what-performance-should-i-expect/

Thank you!

Can I ask a follow up question. I've been interested in buying Californa and airports from Fullterrain for that, and maybe the UK airports and scenery as well, but I'm a bit afraid the frames will be equal to the Australian ones. Have the FPS become better with the newer releases or should I expect something equal to say Cairns?

Archived