ORBX Central with EU & North America

ludo1426

Hello,

I have installated a lot of ORBX Products : ORBX Wales, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, English Airports, ORBX North California, American Airports.... and FTX Global and FTX Vector.

The matter is I'm totally lost with FTX Central even with the PDF Guid.

In my FTX Central I have :

- FTX Global

- FTX Europe

- FTX North America

My questions are :

If I select North America, will I have ORBX England, Ireland... and English airports of will I have only North California ? (Si if I fly in England I will be with P3D default scenery) ?

If I select Europe, will I be able to fly the world with ORBX Global & Base and North California or only Europe will be activated ?

If I select ORBX Global in FTX Central, will I be able to Fly North California and England, Wales... with ORBX sceneries (and no Default sceneries) ?

What I want is select the good think in FTX Central and forget it ! So be able to Fly England, Wales, Ireland or North California (and the airports) with my EU and NA ORBX sceneries and have ORBX Global & Vector for the rest of the world (where I don't have specific sceneries for this country) and don't have to change my FTX central everytime !

How can I do this ?

Ludovic

Hi Ludovic,

with FTX Central you are able to select the region(s) in given continent, thus if you select Europe, the England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland etc will be activated

so if you select North America those regions will be activated and if you select FTX Global that will be active, which in fact now is default fsX with then enhanced textures.

with the selection of FTX Global there is also the option to select "Hybrid mode" this will activate all the regions, but comes at a little price as the textures set is uniform the local differences between Europe and North America won't be that distinctive as that's the trade off we need to make to make the whole thing work with eachother.

I hope this explains it for you, if you have more questions please feel free to ask them

Thank you Wolter for your quick and complete answer,

So if I understand what you told me, if I choose Hybrid Mode and I activate ORBX Global, I will have ORBX Global texture for England, Wales, Ireland and North California and I won't have the specific texture and Building of these regions as if I choose this region in FTX Central, right ?

But if I activate FTX Europe I will have the best texture for England, Wales, Ireland... But for the rest of the world, will I have ORBX texture (Global and Vector) or will it be desactivated (so I will have bad textures) ?

Moreover, if I activate Europe and I fly in North California, I will have ORBX Global texture and no North California texture, right ? (So if I do a London to North California Fly I will have to choose between one region at the cost of another ?)

And the airport ? Does this change the Airport texture or for the Airport it is an other thing and they are not impacted by FTX Central changes ?

P.S. I have also a problem in changing Regions in FTX Central : I use France VFR which use its Autogen, than when I change the Region in FTX Central, the French Regions became inactive and don't works again, than I have to install them again to make them works. So I prefer to choose one region in FTX Central and stay with it...

Hi Ludovic:

I would say it is much simpler... :)

First perhaps have a quick read here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/

That should give you a good idea about the general scenery build-up.

This may be of interest as well:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74347-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Basically, the full fat regional packs override all the layers below them. A photoreal-based scenery overrides everything (such as VFR France etc.) Thus - if you've got PNW, NCAL, England, Scotland etc. you can either select the proper region in the FTX Central or select Global and leave it. With Global selected you may notice some NA style buildings in Europe or such. You may not even notice this, though.

Regarding VFR France - as it is photorelal based (I believe), make sure that in the scenery hierarchy the files are active and sitting above all the ORBX entries. I hope this statement is a correct one - I don't have VFR France thus can't test it. Should I be wrong, somebody please correct me! :)

Hello Vlad,

Thank you for your answer.

i have read the 2 forums but also the complete ORBX Manual to understand everything, but there is still things that I don't really understand.

For exemple, does ORBX Global texture will be used buy my OpenVFR Sceneries if I have Europe selected in my FTX central and I have the scenery.cfg like below ?

Here is what I have in my scenery.cfg :

General Airports

Obstacles&reperesVFR (FranceVFR)

Region FranceVFR

Photosceneries FranceVFR

OpenVFR Autogen (Morocco, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland)

OpenVFR Objects (Morocco, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland)

OpenVFR Terrains (Morocco, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland)

OpenVFR Terrain_excludes (Morocco, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland)

MegascenerieEarth (Belgium, Switzerland, Florida, South California)

FTX Airports

FTX NC

OpenVFR (California)

FTX UK

FTX Ir

FTX Wales

FTX OpenLC Europe

FTX Global

FTX Vector

FSGlobal2010

P3D Sceneries

In my FTX Central I have activated "Hybrid" and 'Europe".

Why I have Photosceneries and Sceneries like OpenVFR, just because sometimes I perfer Flying with textures (like ORBX and OpenVFR), and other time I select only Photosceneries to fly in real.

I would like to know if my Scenery.cfg is correct for you (for exemple to fly with OpenVFR using ORBX Textures) and if my FTX Central also correct.

Waiting for your answer.

Kind regards

Ludovic

Archived