big trouble installing ftx nablue pnw

montmorency

order #  FSS 0283883 

I am so confused by this installing thing I don't knkow where to beegin.

I had pnw  Demo installed  .  Did it for a long time.  Then I took the plunge and bought the payware.  Then my troubles began.:

First, I tried to install  it   without eliminating  the demo.  Evidently this is a big no no?

2.  Then I  downloaded a disinstaller for the demo and got rid of the demo.

3.  I tried FSX and it looked pretty good but I wasn't sure if PNW was installed or not.   it didn't show in reports in ftx Central

4.  So I ran the installer again and then tried FSX and it was totally corrupted with trees in the water and houses on the runway  and water where it shouldn'   be etc.    And  ftx Central doesn't show that it is installed.   And that is where it stands.

I  have installed latesr ORBBX  libraries, global freeware airports packs 1 to 7, Bowerman airport version10, FTX  NA PNW patch 008 , and open lc europe  iceland demo.

I downloaded this from the cloud.  The zip file says it is  4663588263 bytes and the extracted file says it has  4663850285 bytes.   Does this mean anything? more bytes in the extracted file than the 

download?  I extracted it with  windows  that is on the computer.

I have been doing fsx on a laptop now for 2-3 years.  

amd a8-3520 APU with radeon hd graphics  1.6 gHz    sposed to be 4 core

windows 7 home premium 64 bit     6.00GB memory

Would somebody please tell me what to do?   And why didn't this come with a warning , do not attempt this unless you know what youare doing?

T hanks for your help.         montmorency

Hi :)

probably best is to get writ of the complete ORBX folder and start a fresh install,

I'd say start fsX, go to your scenery CP and delete all ORBX entries hit OK wait till the Dbase rebuilds and exit fsX

then go to your main fsX folder and delete the complete ORBX folder

then re-install your FTX PNW followed by the latest library files available at our support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

there should be an FTX Central Icon on your desktop

open that and select the NA region and hit Apply, that will set the PNW region active

fire up fsX and start a flight at an airport of your choice within the region

TkAV.th.jpg

Greetings Wolter or whoever,

Well, I did what you suggested, got rid of all ORBX from fsx and then ran the installer again and it is still buggered up. ftx central reports  indicates that I have most recent orbx libraries and  this:  

FTX NA PNW Pacific NorthwestV1.0 Patch008 February 2014..   

landscape around Vancouver and elsewhere is all fuzzy and indistinct like in the picture,  I dunno if all those letters up there is a picture or what.   You know you're dealing with a complete computer ignoramus here.  Those simple .concise  instructions how to upload a screenshot only took me about 2 hours to decipher.   So the guy says copy the text, and I think ' he can't mean write it down on a piece of paper.  it must be something  else'   He doesn't say go to such and such and push a button.  

I  like my flight simulator and I want it back.  After I eliminated ORBX  i tested fsx  and it had trees in the water and on the runways still.   I hope I won't need a download manager and a special extractor because that will take me another couple of weeks to sort out.    I need jon Patch or Holgeer Ssandman to come to my house. They live just up the street. Hope I'm not being too cheeky.

Cheers      ___ aka  Montmorency               

c

I got it to work.  Looks great.  I turned the autogen slider way up and the cities  look real.  I  dis installed FSX completely from the  disc and then did a new install.  Now I have to put all my addon airplanes back

Archived