KIMT terrain issue

I am having a problem at Iron Mountain, MI (KIMT). It seems that the terrain is 'spilling over' onto the runways. I assume that it is an elevation issue. This problem was present when only the default KIMT was installed, and the FTXG Freeware version did not change anything. Can someone tell me how to fix it? Thank you.

As a side note, THANK YOU to all the developers of these freeware airports! All the ones that I have seen are very good, accurate updates to the default airports. Where can I request an airport for a future pack? (I understand that these are at least partially based on requests).

kimt_zps0236a2fb.pngkimt2_zps14b2ce3e.png

Looks like a scenery layer conflict, not knowing what you have installed makes it a bit of wild guess as to what the exact culprit could be.

I don't have any other scenery installed besides FTX Global, Vector, and of course the KIMT Orbx scenery file that would make a difference (just airports around the world, no extra scenery meshes or anything like that).

Something else that I've noticed is that when I go through the terrain with an aircraft, it just goes straight through the terrain instead of going up onto it as if it were solid. 

Hi hamoody,

KIMT was developed using stock FSX mesh so I would look for the issue being the use of an external mesh product that is higher in the scenery library than these default airports.  If you are running Vector try turning off the AEC for KIMI (with Vector 1.15 it should not be an issue but?).

I have been keeping a list of airport requests, post your request here and I will add it.  I'll have to tell you the list is quite long and the bigger the airport the less it is likely for me to have time to do it.

Cheers, Neil

Hi hamoody,

KIMT was developed using stock FSX mesh so I would look for the issue being the use of an external mesh product that is higher in the scenery library than these default airports.  If you are running Vector try turning off the AEC for KIMI (with Vector 1.15 it should not be an issue but?).

I have been keeping a list of airport requests, post your request here and I will add it.  I'll have to tell you the list is quite long and the bigger the airport the less it is likely for me to have time to do it.

Cheers, Neil

Neil, this solved the problem. Thank you very much for your help! I only have one airport request, and it is KESC (Escanaba, MI), which would be great as it would fit in with the other Northern Michigan airports that you have done. It is quite a small airport, too. Once again, thanks for the help and for creating these great freeware airports!

Archived