7WA3 West Wind crashes P3Dv2.2

BG2518

In P3D v2.2 if I fly to within about 5 miles of 7WA3 West Wind the sim crashes.

If I try to load directly to 7WA3 it again crashes consistently at 18% loading scenery.

If I disable 7WA3 in the scenery library this makes no difference, still crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.

BG2518 - Bob.

Hi Bob,

Just had a look in P3DV2 sub-forum (master list of P3DV2x ready products) & on FTX freeware, Westwind is not P3DV2 ready, it is only available for FSX & P3DV1x.

That might explain why it is crashing, otherwise it may be due to having it load from the fly now screen, you could try loading your flight at another airport in the region and changing your location to Westwind from the airport list, failing that option I would put it down to not being V2ready. In time I imagine all products will be V2 compliant but we must be patient. In the meantime have a read of the master list in the P3DV2 sub-forum, all revised products are listed there.

Jeff,

Thanks, I did figure this out after I posted also and felt quite silly but many p3d v.1 freeware airports do seem to work well enough.  It's just a shame this is one that certainly does not even if loaded directly or otherwise.

I happy to wait for things to be updated and this feedback may help prioritise this airfield, who knows?

Many thanks again for you help.

BG2518 - Bob.

Archived