FSDreamteam KDFW airport with what looks like barracades with a spike at one end

CVO110

Using FSDreamteam KDFW airport, I am seeing what looks like barricades with a spike at one end. This is on the north side of KDFW at the edge of the east side of the aircraft bridges. This did not occur prior to my purchase of my ORBX products. I did notice it after I installed Vector 1.0. It may have been there prior to that but this is where I noticed it. I decided to wait until Vector 1.5 was released. I am still seeing the same thing on this release as well. AEC was used on this airport with 1.0 but appears to not require it now.

In cockpit view, if you try to taxi through the obstacles, the aircraft is damaged. The obstacles will disappear only when toggling to an Outside View, Aircraft View and then back. After clearing, you can continue taxi. They will return if it's tried again.

My question is, can I revert back to previous libraries by just running the executable to each library and see if it occurs in older releases? Or does something have to be removed first before reverting back?

See attached link.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/27/Cwx3r.jpg

Reverting to an older library will not solve the problem.  What version of VECTOR do you have?  V1.15 is now available but you must have VECTOR patched to v1.1 prior to installing v1.15.  After installing v1.15 open the Configuration Tool and Autoconfigure FSX airports.  It may fix the problem but you are running a third party KDFW so the results may or may not be good.

Danny,

after you ran the Autoconfigure routine and clicked 'Apply' after it finished did you check the list of airports in the 'Disabled' column?  Did it include KDFW?  I do not use the FSDreamteam KDFW in my sim and after the Autoconfigure routine KDFW is NOT included in the disabled column.  This means that stock FSX KDFW does not have elevation issues according to PILOTS who developed the tool.

Perhaps you can disable KDFW using the manual method of the Configuration Tool and see what the result looks like.  If it does not correct the issue then the problem is with FSDreamteam software and you should contact that company for support.

When 1.1 was installed, FSDreamteam KDFW had elevation issues. I manually disabled it in AEC. Applying the 1.5 patch and running Autoconfigure, it put  KDFW back in the disabled column. Verified this again just now. I just disabled Vector totally in the Scenery Library (all 5 entries), and the problem is still there. So it's not a Vector issue as I suspected. My system is backed up so I am going to revert back to older libs and see if it was introduced somewhere along the line. I'd still like to get an ORBX opinion on this though.

So as it stands now, with Vector disabled totally, the problem is still there. Any ORBX people here?

Thanks.

Spud, it's resolved. For some reason my Mesh "Resolution" was maxed out. Evidently it's been that way for a while. Set it to 10 and all is well.

Can someone mark this thread as resolved?

Thanks

i quit using fsdreamteam airports because i don't want the addon manager,it puts tweaks in your cfg thats not needed like fsx, such as the high mem fix, the addon manager needs to be overhauled for p3d,my kdfw was messed up as well but i just removed it.

i quit using fsdreamteam airports because i don't want the addon manager,it puts tweaks in your cfg thats not needed like fsx, such as the high mem fix, the addon manager needs to be overhauled for p3d,my kdfw was messed up as well but i just removed it.

Brett, I can't speak for P3D but on FSX DX10, FSDreamteam KDFW doesn't add HIGHMEMFIX to fsx.cfg. That is added manually. If you ran one of the online configuration optimizers, it probably added it. I don't think P3D uses HMF anyway.

You may want to jump on the FSDreamteam forum and ask if GSX can be disabled.

Archived