AOPA's NEVER AGAIN

RobdeVries

It was many years ago and I had recently earned my war bird rating. I was one of those fortunate individuals who breezed right through flight training. However, that experience birthed in me a dangerous overconfidence that almost cost me my live.

Posted Image

Port Macquarie..while turning from base to final...a rumble a turning stall. I managed just to pull it in a nose up attitude, forgot to lower the gear, and I'm glad I can still virtually walk away from it  :-[

I just love the A2A Accusim Razorback. It really keeps you on your toes  ;D

Yes indeed, it can bite pretty savagely... The men and boys that flew these things in real life were truly very brave individuals.

Cheers and thanks for the screenie.  Your results were much better than my first attempts  ;D

That's a sad sight, just as well its virtual as you could have been up for a court martial. That's a great model, the damage modeling is awesome. This reminds me of a book I read about Bob Johnston, he was a Tbolt ace in ETO. There was a passage in the book about stalls when he was checking out in the Tbolt, very bad for what is a very heavy airplane at low alt!

Gripping story, very skilled pilot and amazing airplane...  :) 

Archived