landclass and textures issue after Icelandic FTX Global trial installation/desinstallation

jlmauriz

Dear gents,

I am currently a user of FTX england and new zealand, I also have the australian parts, I am very happy with it. I am also using UTX Europe and USA, but not GEX. I wanted to give a try to FTX global, installed it, and desinstall it afterwards to check if I could purchase FTX global having the confidence I would be able to remove it should it be incimpatible with another of the addons I have. It seems that It lead to an issue now with landclass and textures worldwide, I have a picture which shows the issue, it seems that the landclass is messed up, I can see green forest squares, lot of trees, desert where it should not be desert, fsx is slower as it seems to be managing more things to display.

Do you have an idea on how I could recover the initial situation? I need help, otherwise I will have to remove and reinstall completely fsx, and this takes a lot of time.

Can you help?

I wanted to check FTX global, so I installed your free demo of icelandic, then I tried to remove it to see if it was easy. I confirm I did not purchased yet FTX global, just England, north of New Zealand (currently not installed) and 3 Australia regions (currently not installed), I needed to make sure I could remove it if there is an issue with another of the hundreds of addons I have. And it seems that now the whole word terrain is affected. Can you help? 

Here is the list of the FTX items installed if it can help:

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 131027 27th October 2013

FTX EU ENG England v1.00 - 14 Nov 2012

FTX GLOBAL EDBH BARTH AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - February 2014

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 1 - Version 1.00 August 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 2 - September 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 3 - October 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 4 - November 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 5 - December 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 6 (Hawaii) - January 2014

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 7 - January 2014

FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0

FTX US 2S1 VASHON ISLAND VERSION 1.1 - June 2010

I would like to attach a picture so you can see the effects, but I do ont know how to do it in this forum.

It's ok JL, anyway our database shows only 2 AU regions, not 3 as you say. Which are the regions do you have? Sorry to insist on this, but it's necessary to receive support, that your signature shows all the FTX products you bought.

To post a screenshot you can follow the steps described in this post:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Thanks for your collaboration JL :)

The list of regions i bought are;

FTX: AU Red Central Outback Order Number: FSS0178287 Order Date: 2012-08-24
FTX: NZ North Island (ORB-071)  Order Number: 196941
FTX: EU England  Order Number 201276
FTX: AU Blue Temperate South Order Number  FSS0013972

I did a clean stall of fsx after my computer change in 2013, so I only reinstalled EU England early this year, but not the rest of the addons, as I am not flying in these areas for the time been. To explain exactly what is happening:

Looking at the pictures of FTX global, I decided to test your freeware of Iceland before proceeding to a purchase, basically because I wanted to make sure there will be no compatibility issues with the rest of my addons. The only time where I had to reinstall the whole fsx was back in 2009 after trying to reinstall AU Blue Temperate from FTX after a computer change, so each time I install one FTX product, I carrefully follow the instructions, which I think I did when installing Iceland. I did an install "no FTX Global installed".The Iceland scenery was working perfectly, However, when trying to fly in no modified areas, I noticed the problems of texture, so I decided to remove Iceland following your instructions, to see if the texture problems dissapeard. It was apparently not the case. I install and remove Iceland again, no change. I cannot remove EU England as I do not know how to do. When swithcing with FTX in between Europe and Default, it gets also wrong in Europe mode, with different textures (which means FTX is working), but wrong. It seems that FTX is not locating any longer the real default textures and landclass. I also tried to dissable UTX, no change 

Any idea on what I can do to overcome this other than reinstalling FSX?

Here is a picture of what is happening now. This is the Singapore airport, not modified by any addon. The rest of the world has the same problems.
N4taL.png

Hi JL, don't be so sure that the problems comes only with FTX products. I have pratically all of them and i have never had a problem (following the install instructions like you). The difference is that i don't have hundreds of other addons like you (UTX for instance), and this type of addons writes the terrain.cfg, making a copy of the original file, like our products that needs to overwrite that file. It's possible that your terrain.cfg was damaged, so i would suggest to navigate in C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work and copy that terrain.cfg into the root FSX folder (this procedure removes by the way your UTX entries). Then run FTX Central and switch between Europe and default so that the terrain.cfg entries apply the changes and take effect.

Anyway, if it doesn't work, i would try unstalling UTX, because it's another addon that could cause these type of problems. Honestly i remember that i started here with the AU Blue demo, i upgraded to the full Australia without problems (at that time i had already removed my UTX).

Let us know how it goes :)

Dear Maurizio,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried first the recommended procedure saving previous terrain.cfg, no change in Singapore textures, always the same findings. I removed UTX, same findings is Singapore. Texture again seems all over the place. Any other file that I should check for corruption? Please note that all the regions are affected. It seems that the different textures are distributed in straight lines; sometimes it follow a realistic limit, sometimes it is cut like by a straigh line. It is like there were two sceneries triyng to display. Below you will find the singapore result after removing UTX.
TDciL.jpg

Hi JL, your FSX seems to miss a lot of textures. Here is Global + Vector and take in mind that Singapore is out of range respect the iceland demo, the problem you have is not related to the demo behaviour, even if you have unistalled it. I think the best solution for you would be a clean reinstall of FSX and a purchase of FTX Global for a total new experience of flight (better if you buy also Vector, see the difference respect your images).

8Yj1.jpg

Dear Maurizio,

I reinstalled FSX, installed FTX Global Textures and Vector, and so far everything looks good. I like the feature of FTX Global which enables to cancel the Airport elevation correction, help me to make compatible Paris CDG and Madrid airports addon from Aerosoft.

Thanks for your help,

Great! :) Thank so much for your feedback JL, yes the AEC feature is very useful when you use third party airport addons, instead for standard airports or inside a FTX region is better to leave all as it, a future patch will be provided to fix the airport issues.

Archived