Installation of ORBX Scotland aborts

kl791

Hi

I have previuosly installed ORBX Southern Alaska; Pacific North West and England in FSX without problems Trying to install Scotland the installer aborts after giving a message that is has now sufficient information to complete installation... I unzipped the downloaded package with winrar and got two files:

OrbxFTXEUSCO100.exe

OrbxFTXEUScotland100.2

I click on the exe file and the unwrapper was launched - at a point I get the message not to click on Finish on the unwrapper until installation is complete. I click "ok" on that message, and the installer launches. The installer seems all okay til the point where I accept the standard path to the ORBX folder, where my other ORBX products are installed - then it comes with a message that "It now has sufficient information to proceed..." or something like that - the message does not stay for more than a second, and no new installation message comes up... I newer get to a point to insert registration code etc. The unwrapper remains with a window open with the "Finish" option.

I look forward to your response

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

This may have to be one for Ed or Adrian, who know far more about installers than I do. But are you using symbolic links? 

One thing to try may be repairing your registry link to FSX, it's possible the installer does not find the install patch and aborts:

http://fullterrain.com/hotfixes_patches/FSX_Registry_Fix.zip

If neither of those bring anything up I'll ping Ed or Adrian to have a look.

Regards,

Alex

Archived