YBBN - Default Runway

QFA1213

Are you using bitmap or polygons for the runway?

Looks like a .bgl file has been set to OFF when it should be on. I don't know which bgl is for the runway though.

Try toggling runway poly off and on (or visa versa) in the YBBN control panel.

I was using the Photoreal option (I think that is bitmap)

Tried switching but it only worked on the other option

Doesn't matter, ill just use the one that works because and I cant notice any difference between them.

As an educated guess the file Rwy19.bgl is the errant file. I use polygons, so the file is Rwy19.OFF for me. As a guess, if you run bitmap images, this file should be Rwy19.bgl .

Go to Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_YBBN/Scenery/  .    Make a copy of the file Rwy19. If it has the OFF suffix, change the suffix to bgl . If this doesn't work, restore the file to its original state from the copy you made.

Or conversely you could be missing the Rwy19 file. In that case you might have to reinstall YBBN and its patches just to rectify the default runway texture.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. 

(sorry for my bad english) 

I have downloaded YBBN there is a few days and I have the same problème.I have reinstalled a second time to check and it's the same thing.I post some images. 

With YBBN, the Aero feature does not seem to operate. Impossible to modifie "Yellow and black" for "Single yellow" by exemple. The textures are blurry soon as you leave the tarmac.

Make sure texture resolution is at its maximum of 7, in the FSX scenery options. What you are showing is about correct as there is a massive amount of photoreal land surface in YBBN, it will be blurry with reduced definition. You can get better definition by going to polygons, but they will reduce frame rates and are only for the rumway and aprons, not the taxiways. I make the presumption that Aero wont work with polygons.

Hello, thank you to answer me. 

Sorry I forgot my order number:    Order Number: FSS0281901

Order Date: 2014-04-16

Previous screens was 1m textures as I used usualy and FTX Aero set with poly.  As you recommend me I tried with new settings.

_Textures 7 cm 

_FTX Aero Coarse/2048x2048/Single yellow / TML Setting 2048 

_Control Photoreal Panel with Ground + Static airliners

I post new screens. Runway seems OK but the taxiways and tarmac are not better now.

All look what should be displayed with the exceptions of Capture2&3_FSX7cm. The taxiways do look a little grainy. Do you have a powerful enough computer to actually render 7cm in a timely manner. It could be that the CPU is not powerful enough to not completely render the taxiways before it has to commence rendering the scene again.

There may be other sliders that influence the display (such as Global Texture Resolution).

At best, experiment with the scenery sliders but what you require in scenery may just not be possible with the power of the (unknown) computer that you have.

Here my computer:

Motherboard Gigabyte X79-UD3

CPU I7 3930K (3,2/3,8GHz with turbo) with Swiftech H220 AIO

RAM 32 Go GSkill profile XMP

Asus GTX 680 Direct CU2-OC

HT active and non OC

With a heavy FSX scene I get 6 threads at 100% and Total CPU 60%(3,5 GHz max turbo)

You see it's not the Big one but this is comfortable.

I came to the forum cause I like the ORBX scenes and YBBN is a true jewel,so I was very surprised with the taxiways and runways textures,I wondered if all this was quite normal.

I join a final screenshot with my FSX settings and FTX Aero set to  "Fine/2048x2048/Single yellow"+ TML 2048 + Control panel on "Ground poly+Static Airliners" (the most efficient settings for me)

Would you gently tell me if it's good for you ?  (re-sory for my very bad english)

https://imageshack.com/i/nesr0lp

https://imageshack.com/i/ndv1ryp

Best regards

I am seeing on my simulator much the same as your screen shot. My autogen slider is at 3/4 rather than 1/2, but all other sliders are at about the same position. All textures at 1024 though.

Archived