Installed FTX Global Base - now FSX will not start

raymar99

I got an error box that stated something like my terrain.cfg was missing, maybe also the scenery.cfg was missing when I opened FTX Central.  Now when I attempt to run FSX I get an error stating that I do not have a valid Scenery.cfg file and I need to totally uninstall and reinstall FSX.  THAT AIN"T GOING TO HAPPEN today.

Seems like something real similar happened when I installed England.  Someone at Orbx came up with a replacement terrain.cfg file and I don't remember how the scenery.cfg was resolved but I see there is an Orbx backup that was made today (I guess during the Global Base installation).

Ideas?  I am totally dead in the water and waiting for a response.

Regards,

Ray

UPDATE

I found a post where Tim and Holger solved the problems back in September of last year.  I downloaded and replaced the terrain.cfg file with a 2007 version, then deleted the active scenery.cfg file, then cycled the FTX Central between areas a couple of time and wham, bam, thank you Mam - all is almost well.  FSX will start and run and Global seems to be working.  Hard to say if you have never seen it before, but it is different.  Thanks all.

Ray

Archived