A Minor Concern [Ftx Day icon missing]

Richard Lincoln

Hi there staff,this issue I have may not be a Major concern,I am just wondering if there is an easy fix.I will not lie and say I am a little taken by the last Support Question and its response but can this be fixed and is it anything I should be concerned about given i'm a NOOB! or do I have to Live with it!

8LFYa.png

Hi There Spok,

This issue would at first seem like a program error, but it is more than likely an fundamental operating system issue / user alteration, where desktop icons loose their pictorial representation.

I had almost the same thing occur a while back with D/T icons, which was a result of installing a new program that altered my OS Autorun options to the new program that did not recognise ".ico" files. In my case it was an "OO defrag" icon that reverted to the MS default MS .ico, possibly altered by a Media Center update.

Have you recently installed a new photo viewing program, if so then you could try this:

MS Start menu > MS Control Panel > set CP to view as Large Icons > select Default Programs > select Set your Default Programs > Click / highlight Photo Gallery > then at the bottom of the panel - click  Set this program as Default. Let it run its routine then your icons will be back with the correct pictorial rep.

Cheers Jeff

That's Ok Spok,

Does the FTX Day Icon, respond to double clicking, ie: do you get the notification that Lights are now Off.

If the icon works, have you tried right clicking the icon > selecting properties > in the Shortcut tab > select Change Icon. an FTX LS sun icon will be available to highlight, click on sun picture then click OK.

Let me know if this works for you.

Not sure what you mean about PNW, I'll have to read your other thread I guess.  OK I've had a read, it appears that you are removing WLS and NZSI and installing PNW and SAK, retaining FTX Global.

Does this mean that you would like to see FTX Central ICONS -   FTX GlobalOceania, North America, with no Europe icon. Oceania remains in place as long as any oceanic region is installed ie: FTX Australia, FTX NZNI or FTX NZSI.     

"PNW, SAK, PFJ, CRM, NRM, NCA," likewise are encapsulated by the "North America" icon, so when you install your PNW region if you have other NA regions installed you just set FTX Central to North America.

Or Set to FTX Global if No NA regions are yet installed, and the installer will take care of the rest. When you open FTX Central after install, you will now have an icon for "North America" click and Apply close FTXC Install the Region Patches Latest libs of course. RUN FSX.

As for removing European regions, if this is what you truly wish to do, you could read through this thread:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/55811-uninstalling-eu-regions-a-quick-guide/   

You will not be able to remove the "Europe" icon from FTX Central unless you completely remove all Europe regions WLS, SCO, NI, I, ENG, as any existing component keeps the Europe icon in place.

Cheers Jeff

Archived