Repetitive Textures...?

ba757

Hi Guys

Can someone please confirm whether what I'm seeing here is "normal"?

I don't fly that much outside of a full-fat ORBX region (UK or AUS) but when I do, I have Global enabled in Hybrid mode.

I've just purchased the excellent Taxi2Gate LTBA which is the first time I've stepped into Turkey in Global, and I see just the same repetitive textures on my way out of Istanbul. Obviously it's a lot better than FSX default, but I would have expected more variety. For example the first shot, I wouldn't expect to be able to count the exact same looking field 12+ times in any one screengrab.

Can someone please just confirm that this is what to expect/normal and it's not just my installation being odd?

Thanks

image.png

image.png

Correct, the default FSX landclass can be very repetitive as it categorizes large portions of land as the exact same type. With only 15 textures at the most to draw from patterns quickly emerge. What sets regions, and other landclass, apart is that the data is much more refined and varied. So what FSX categorizes as farmland for 100mi is broken down into specific crop types with forest and townships added in which breaks up the pattern and monotony.

Additionally, please keep in mind that FTX Global for most parts of the world only replaces the default textures one-to-one.

If there are repetive textures in default FSX, you will find them also with Global.

Still they look a lot better :)

Archived