KSEA - 3rd Runway - Vector 1.1 - Addons from 3nd environment packages

Brito

Hello, all, 

Yesterday, after installing Vector 1.1, I noticed that KSEA was having elevation trouble. After a few marches and counter marches with Stefan, see -> (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74918-ksea-problems/?hl=ksea), I solved the elevation issue, but I lost the  KSEA 3rd. runway.

I went to sleep with it on the head: there could not be a downgrade in FTX PNW. The only software I have installed that is  strange  of Orbx scenery is "Aerosoft My Traffic 2013". I decided to uninstall this software and ... BUMP - this is my third. KSEA runway:

6YylO.jpg

Fast and not very scientific conclusion: it seems that the Aerosoft softwares aren`t compatible with Orbx sceneries, could I be wrong?

Thank you very much,

Sinesio

Indeed, as you have demonstrated, the issue is with the MyTraffic airport file.

You may be able to search out and remove the file in question ... but there will very likely be others.

I wonder ... does the MyTraffic package offer the option of not interfering with scenery files?  It might be worth asking.

I had similar issues of My Traffic AFCADs.

After discussions with Berk Renk, moving the "mytraffic" entry in the FSX scenery library just above the "propellors" entry resolves all issues.

In essence the Mytraffic entry should sit below all non FSX default scenery.

I can confirm above - mt2013 or MTX should always be just above propellers.

This does not change the fact that it still may cause issues to default airports. The non default ones will be fine as long as they are higher priority. I still didn't have time to look into it (yesterday I have proposed to my beloved future wife who said YES and said that now I have two "loves" - planes and her :D) but as soon as I'll be able to I commit to do some extensive testing of mt2013 with default and addon airports I know that might cause problems. Stay tuned. Bringing back default airports is easy - mt2013 doesn't replace default ones, it has it's own storage.

Right. Anyway it was an observation - and I need Aerosoft My Traffic 2013 (My Traffic) to "give life" to other airports in FSX. But I'm afraid to install My Traffic again. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Sinesio

My tip - install it and do not run the runway config tool. See what happens. And offcourse disable any bgl for addon airports you have in Orbx PNW in the mt2013 folder. Or put mt2013 below addon airports as the safest way just above propellers in scenery library.

Than I would assume:

1. Elevation will be taken from AEC

2. Mesh from fsglobal

3. At first airport afcad will come from mt2013

4. But because PNW is above it it will take it from PNW so you should have:

Aec vector elevation, with mt2013 planes, among global mesh and PNW airport afcad

Hi, Mephic,

Just reinstall the My Traffic 2013. I proceeded according to your orientation: "install it and not run of the runway config tool. See what happens. Bgl And offcourse is disable any addon airports you have in Orbx PNW mt2013 in the folder."

I've done some tests and all ... Ok! Now, let's cross our fingers!

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Sinesio

Archived