Water hills between LPPT and LPMT

F70

Just install Orbx Vector 110,install is going fine,no troubles.

When i stand on LPMT and look in the dirction LPPT a lot of "water hills" they going up to 290 FT and down to -20 FT.

The big hills are in a square between LPPT and LPMT and the two big bridges.

I have disable the airport elevation with the Vector configuration tool,but that make no differens .

Is it just me or are more people suffer with this?

LjGd3.jpg

This problem was also in Orbx Vector 100,but i was waiting for the release of Orbx Vector 110.

Jan

Stefan,

I have LPPT LisbonX from Aerosoft,now disabled,i have LPMT,my own airport,now removed from the Addon Scenery\Scenery.

I have in the FTX Global Vector Configurator LPPT and LPMT disabled and enabled,no difference.

The "water hills" are in the river Taag in a square between the two big bridges and the riverbed by LPPT and LPMT.

The biggest "water hill" is on N38 44.25' W09 05.80'.

The install of FSX is now for four weeks on a new computer,so not many Add-Ons.

Jan

Bernd,

No,i don't have mesh installed,all i have is Orbx FTXGlobal 110 - 120 and the Orbx FTXGlobal Vector 110.

The biggest hill in the water on N38 44.25' W09 05.80' is 290 Ft so not a small hill and there are many hills.

For example LPMT is on the correct level 50 Ft,but the water is on the same level as the landclass as the airport.

If you go about 50 M in the water then is the water level 0 M.

On some points is the water -20 Ft and then again hills variant in height with a max of 290 Ft.

Jan

You need a mesh for proper elevation.

I think a mesh does noting for the water level.

As a temporary workaround, I have a flatten in the water,so the hills are gone,only the riverbed is not so nice but that is for later.

And the ships have it not so difficult, they do not need climb up on the hills.

Jan.

Do you have a mesh installed? If yes, which one? If not, that might be the problem, because rivers adjust to the terrain underneath. 

Bernd

I think this is the world up-side down.

With the standard FSX there is no problem,even with LisbonX on or off.

The problem started with the FTX Global Vector.

Jan

Stefan,

I have disabled four Vector layers the fifth layer I could not turn off, this is FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC ,and see the result,no hills. ::)

Xuj6.jpg

I have slewing the whole river no hills,but the level of the river is -8.8 Ft.

In the transition from river to ocean there is the level 0 Ft.

I have turn the layers on,one by one and by FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX  there it's going wrong,hills.

I hope you know a little more now.

Jan

OK, I was finally able to reproduce this. The "hills" you see is the FSX default mesh.

How does Vector work? Vector excludes all other vector scenery and then places its own. Excluding is done in the EXX layer.

When you disable Vector completely, the Tejo is flat. Why? Because obviously in default FSX the river Tejo is tagged as Ocean (or set to a fixed altitude), which automatically flattens the mesh.

When you enable Vector, you get the hills. Why? In Vector the river Tejo is tagged a river, which flows on top of the existing mesh. Otherwise no river could flow down a mountain.

Bottom line: I quote my sticky post: "Though it is no technical requirement, Vector will look odd in some areas when you use the sims (FSX/P3D) default mesh. We strongly recommend to use FS Global 2010 or Ultimate."

More here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74942-vector-readme-important-for-better-understanding-what-vector-intends-does-can-do-and-what-it-cant-do/

In FS Global 2010 I can assure you, this issue is not existing.

Stefan,

Thanks for your help,with this problem,maybe some day i buy FS Global or Ultimate.

For now i do the temporary workaround and put back by flatten in the river so there are no hills.

I usually fly in Norway there is a fine mesh,it's a old one but a fine one. ::) 

If there are no more solutions this moment,you can close this topic.

Jan

I had found some money and bought FS Global 2010 ::)

After install a mesh the water hills are gone,but i am not satisfied,i have water climbing up the banks.

Jan

Yes I know, there are people out, who will never ever be satisfied.

This is a *flight* simulator and NOT a sail- or ship simulator. There is no immediate approach area to an airport, so you are supposed to be in the air flying and concentrating on flying. Being in the air, this is, if ever, hardly noticable. It is rediculous to slew through the sim in extremely low altitude looking for errors. Especially when these *errors* *may* be related to settings, as you seem to forget. It depends on the mesh resolution you have set in your FS settings.

I consider this case solved.

Archived