Just a Refresher, in detail, what can I use from UTX?

RobC

I KNOW this has been asked and answered but I want to be very clear so as not to mess up the new V1.1 install.

I know vector has a limited landclass, and I already have UTX/Scenery Tech NA Landclass installed, and I know that it has been said that while waiting for the OrbX landclass for NA to be released both "landclass's" for UTX/Scenery Tech can be used BUT most of UTX should be turned off to prevent a mix-mass with vector.

What I would like clarification on is which EXACT units CAN be left enabled in UTX for best results? Or is it really not truly known yet so I just need to do some testing to see which ones look better?

I will even accept an educated recommendation.

(I'm looking at keeping the waterclass, parking lots for sports arenas and railroad yards)

thanks y'all!! and THANK YOU to the Team for bustin butt to get this out for us!! You guys already had a customer for life but this just made him smile!!

BTW North Cali is unbelievable!! can't wait for the NA Landclass to wrap this all up!! 

From my experiences, you can actually have both installed and activated working pretty well together. As long as the UTX entries are above the VECTOR entries in the scenery library, UTX seems to replace the VECTOR features inside its coverage area. Outside, you get the VECTOR features. I currently have UTX Europe activated with landclass as well as roads, and I will probably keep it this way until the most serious errors in VECTOR are dealt with.

Thanks for the reply Der Zeitgeist!!

I went ahead and removed it for now because I decided I wanted to see what the Vector update did and WOW!!  Other then the FSX default waterclass for the Tampa bay area (FSX default is blue and crystal clear), which I hope is fixed/upgraded in the Orbx NA Landclass when it comes out, I'm blown away at the detail.

I think I'm gonna stick with just Orbx Global, Vector and Scenery Tech NA until the Orbx landclass comes out. 

I appreciate your input and hope this helps the next person that may want to know

From my experiences, you can actually have both installed and activated working pretty well together. As long as the UTX entries are above the VECTOR entries in the scenery library, UTX seems to replace the VECTOR features inside its coverage area. Outside, you get the VECTOR features. I currently have UTX Europe activated with landclass as well as roads, and I will probably keep it this way until the most serious errors in VECTOR are dealt with.

You have the UTX vector features active as well?

I am referring to coastlines, rivers, lakes, roads and railroads.

You have the UTX vector features active as well?

I am referring to coastlines, rivers, lakes, roads and railroads.

Yes, those features are active, not just landclass. As I said, I have UTX on top of Vector in the library, so in the UTX area, UTX features are shown, and outside, Vector takes over.

Archived