NCA Moss Landing - Elkhorn Slough

Breeze

I'm not sure what I'm seeing is correct for Moss Landing power station and Elkhorn Slough.  It looks like the area is partial photo real and wasn't finished.  Should there be water in those channels?  I'm not sure what that white area is next to the power station.  Is my screen shot of my install correct and what I'm suppose to be seeing?  Just want confirmation that I haven't messed something up.  Thanks.

Edit:  Maybe I should at that this is on Monterey Bay.

mossLanding.jpg

I saw the same thing when I flew in the area the other day. It's definitely NOT how it looks. The Wikipedia article here has an oblique view that gives an idea of what it looks like. I flew out of Monterey from 6/79 to 5/80 and found Moss Landing the lone area so far that disappointed me. I also drove past ML last summer and it looked like it always did.

Hi Jimmy,

Your screenshots look correct in the sense that there is nothing corrupt with your installation. There is no photoreal area around Monterey Bay and all photoreal areas in NorCal were finished to completion. The textures you're seeing from left to right are:

-Mudflats with elevated ground breaking them up. In reality the area may all be drainage ponds or some sort of rice field which explains the breaks.

-Industrial polygon, the industrial polygons can sometimes be hit or miss given the harsh boundaries that define polygons breaking up buildings

-Salt flat texture, it looks like this is intended to represent the very bright patch of cleared dirt/gravel that lies to the immediate south of the power plant. I'm not sure if in the real world that would be salt or something similar. There may be a more appropriate texture that could still represent it accurately.

I've come to the same conclusion Alex.  Thank you for the explanation.  I've decided to make this a project of my own since I'm familiar with the area.  In fact I've already started the photoreal areas.  It gives me a nice excuse to learn some of what you guys do.  And it certainly gives me a great appreciation of all the time and effort the Orbx team puts into scenery creation.   You can mark this closed.  Thank you!

Archived