Something for our friends north of the line...

martinc

Hi, all you northerners shivering through winter, currently here in Melbourne @ 11:30 AM 29/1 Its a balmy (NOT!) 41 degrees C, or 105.8 in the old money and its going to get hotter with no change in sight until mid next week. To give you a feel for this temp, rail lines buckle and people spontaenously combust...

UGH !

>:(

Hi guys. i have been following the weather in the east with interest. Especially since its about 30 degrees in Perth for all this week.

A question i ask in jest.

Since FTX is seasonal, do bursts of extreme heat cause bush fires? :)

Do we need to jump online and act as eyes in the sky?

Maybe a co-ordinated flight with ATC calling in the water bombers.

As soon as i get my PC-12 sometime over this weekend i could run an RFDS service.

Ahh the possibilities.

TreeTops

It's a change for us to be quite a bit cooler than you guys, it around 25 here at the moment...

But Summer is a long way from finishing here so we can expect a few more hot bursts before then I guess.

Cheers,

Yeah I was at the last Avalon Air Show on the Friday, iirc it was mid to high 30's and blowing hard from the North, then around 4pm the change hit and it dropped 10-12 degress as the wind swung to the Sth forcing a change in the direction of runway operations.  At least it was much nicer for the night show.

The Ch9 news reported that some local suburbs got to 46'C so looks like you were in one of the hot spots John.

In other news 3AW and others are reporting that some power providers have been asked to cut-off power to customers in rolling 1-2hr blocks to try conserve failing infrastructure, not sure how true it is but maybe some have already been effected without realising it.  Says a lot for selling government assets doesn't it. :sigh:

Trans 1007

Let me think...................there is nothing to stop that cold northwest wind on Lake Michigan............well, maybe a billboard in North Dakota.

:) :)

Kingfish

Very True ;D but it real bad if your assigned to a ice breaker on Lake Superior then you have to deal with canadian winds also.

As long as perth doesnt hit 40+ on feb 14 i will be happy as this is my wedding day and the whole event is outside with the marriage being held in a park and the reception of 90 guests in my back yard. Imagine 40 degrees and 90 peoples body heat. Oh well least there will be beer

Shane

With all the extreme lows and highs. snowy and brazen skies in this thread, it may be a bit mundane to report  for a change (pun) that our weather here on the sunny Sunshine Coast hinterland has been cool (by our standards) around the 30's and pleasant in passing summer showers, with not too much humidity for the past couple of weeks. - just for the record.  ;)

Shane, check out this website:  http://www.accuweather.com/world-city-list.asp?partner=apple&locCode=PERTH

Select Perth, Westerna Australia at the top

Then select All 15 Days

Says that Sat 14th will be "Abundant sunshine and very hot  Low: 20 °C  High: 36 °C"

Keep an eye on it, it can change of course since it is 15 days out, but will give you some idea of what to expect.

You can check its accuracy against other predictions a few days out.

Well all I know is that 35 today was a welcome cool change... it is a lovely 24C degrees outside now...looks like my flaxes didn't make it through the week. We hit 46 2 days in a row, and last night, our rolling power stoppage was 4hrs not 1 - 2 ...  My BBQ fed my side of the street with torches for lighting~

Shane, check out this website:  http://www.accuweather.com/world-city-list.asp?partner=apple&locCode=PERTH

Select Perth, Westerna Australia at the top

Then select All 15 Days

Says that Sat 14th will be "Abundant sunshine and very hot   Low: 20 °C  High: 36 °C"

Keep an eye on it, it can change of course since it is 15 days out, but will give you some idea of what to expect.

You can check its accuracy against other predictions a few days out.

Wow, that's a brilliant site, thanks for that...

Cheers,

Thanks Benny i have been looking for a site that gives me a two week forecast. Hmmmm 36 now thats gonna hurt looks like the tux jacket will be off as soon as formallaties are done

Shane

Congrats on the upcomming nuptials, all the best for the day mate.

Why didn't you have it on the hill at YPJT?  :D 

Archived