YSCB black vector lines originating from building

FleetingThought

Hi,

I have both the YSCB airport area and Canberra add-ons installed, and have noticed a few times that I get a couple of black lines vectoring out from one of the buildings.  Included below are two screenshots that show the lines, and the location of the building they're originating from:

The lines can be seen against the cloud out the right window:

XnJDN.jpg

This shot, the lines disappear upon getting closer to the building, but I have the location indicated with the red text top left:

2SMG.jpg

Don't know whether this is a setting on my part?  Or an anomaly that can be fixed with the object?  Have latest versions of all related files and patches and ORBXLIBS, so don't think that's a factor....?

Thanks,

Steve

I'm thinking that is not anything that can be altered from the scenery side of things.

Seem like graphics artefacts.  (a little reminiscent of the spikes from autogen that one sees when exhausting Gfx memory)

Some system info might be helpful.

If you are using a teaked fsx.cfg including Venetubo tweaks, I'd suggest renaming it and letting it rebuild.

Those lines are definitely caused by the "ground shadows" box being ticked in FSX (and presumably running in DX10? - at least that's when the issue popped up in my sim). Untick it in the FSX options and they will be a thing of the past. :)

Cheers

Mallard

Archived