Default airports change for the worse

JoHubb

Since I installed my Orbx sceneries my Europe FSX default airports have taken on this horrible greenish background. Even Sochi (URSS) has it. 

I do not know if it is due to Orbx or something else but it reminds me of FS98. 

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL84/1407476/7245727/408782808.jpg

I have these scenery programs:

FTX Global - inactive

FTX Europe - active

Orbx England; Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, Eire 

Orbx EGFF, EGHI, EGKA

The Orbx sceneries are at the top of the Scenery Library i.e. highest priority. 

UTX is completely disabled.

REX runways are not active

I'd be grateful for advice on how to put this right. 

Apart from this strange effect at airports, I love the Orbx scenery.  I fly VFR linked to Sky Demon so I can appreciate just how good Orbx is when it matches the VFR charts and what I see out the window.

Great stuff! 

John

FSS0255938

I activated Global FTX and disabled Europe FTX. I installed UTX again in the Scenery Library. Italy looks a lot better.

The title 'Europe FTX'  is confusing as the coverage is not all of Europe - only those bits which have regional Orbx scenery installed. 

John,

There are several threads about green airport pads caused by FTX Global Base.

Here's one I started last year: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64600-green-airport-pads-in-deserts-with-ftx-global-fix-coming/?hl=%2Bgreen+%2Bairport+%2Bin+%2Bdesert

I don't think the problem is going to be fixed until openLC comes out.  I still don't understand how it all works and why there are clearly "blended" airport pads in default FSX, but not in FTX Global Base.  I love Orbx products, but the green airport pads seem like an ugly blot on an otherwise great product IMHO.

Archived