D-18 in California Skys

papabb

Rick, those are wonderful shots as usual.  I have to ask though, do you do much post processing of the images? because if you don't, your simming experience must be second to none...  Just amazing,

Cheers and thanks for posting,

Rick, those are wonderful shots as usual.  I have to ask though, do you do much post processing of the images? because if you don't, your simming experience must be second to none...  Just amazing,

Cheers and thanks for posting,

Straight from the "V" key-no photo shop..

Wll mate, that makes me all the more green with envy, I am so jealous of your simming experience   :D

Those are truely remarkable images and thanks again,

Only $40.......

And you are welcome my friend....

That is where I got it from

It appears to be Milton Shupe's model, repackaged by Nor-Cal.  I would highly recommend downloading the plane directly from Shupe's website:  http://flightsimonline.com.  Nor-Cal is a frequent violator of copyright.  Throw your shoes at me for saying that, but it's a good policy to respect developer's wishes and download aircraft only from the approved sources.

Hm, methinks I need to edit my above post.  Perhaps the word copyright infringement is harsh and not entirely accurate.  Many freeware planes have restrictive distribution, and the authors do not want the packages edited, repackaged, and redistributed.  Some planes (in the past at least) on Nor-Cal that I have downloaded have been these types of planes.  For example, several of Bill Lyon's models were on the site, modified, and he clearly states not to modify and repackage.  Each individual is free to do so for their own personal use, but doing it to the package itself violates the user agreement.

So I step back from my above assertion and just throw out a general warning to be observant to the wishes of those who expend countless hours of love and pain on their models and then donate them to the greater flightsim community.  I downloaded Milton Shupe's original Beechcraft 18 and the license did not mention repackaging, etc. so I was most definitely incorrect as to that above plane.

Lesson learned, meticulously research before making assertions.  My apologies.

Archived