Product Confusion?

Kris Albert

I purchased orbx global and orbx Vector recently. I see all the regions and beautiful airports on the ftx website, which can be purchased individually. I thought that when I bought the Global and the Vector that All the regions and Orbx Airports would be included???

My question, are all the airports included in my Global???? Or, do I now have to purchase the regions and individual airports?? I live in Canada, so I will only be flying in NA???

Thank you so much for your assistance)

I'm afraid you were mistaken. FTX Global simply replaces the default textures that you see in the FSX world. I.e. better desert textures where there should be desert, or better mountains where there are mountains etc. FTX Vector gives the FSX a real world (or close to) representation of roads, rivers, bridges etc.

For the full-fat ORBXified regions, such as PNW, CRM and so on you will have to purchase these separately. The same applies to the airports, however it is best that you have the respective region for a particular airport as well.

The upgraded airports are part of the 'full-fat' region packs.  They are not part of FTXGlobal or FTXVector.

Doing things on a global scale requires some automation, and can't afford the level of detail of the regions.

The regions are each handcrafted high-detail add-ons.  The airport upgrades epitomise this, with Neil and the airport team having hand redone each upgraded airport.

The next level of detail is the separately sold custom airports, which encompass large photo-real areas, hand-matched to the regions packs.

I think of it this way, as a layered compatible system:

New Base Layer = FTXGlobal (texture)  + FTXVector (Roads, rivers, Coasts, Rail etc) + Open LC (as available)

|

Regions: Detailed regional Scenery

|

Airports / Cityscape packs: Ultra-detailed scenery

Archived