Black spikes

mikee

Hello, i need some help to solve the following problem:  As soon as i load a flight i get  '' black spikes" . When i press the Alt key they dissapeared.   I purchased and installed today a second 7" monitor to View my GPS during flight and  i am sure that this caused the problem but i have no idea how to fix it.

Here are some shots:

JB4Fb.jpg

Q7bCc.jpg

ceyij.jpg

2TMGa.jpg

When i press the  ALT key they are gone

EMv37.jpg

KiV94.jpg

Any help will be appreciated.

It seems that these are the truncated Windows of the airport tower in tower view. Try to zoom in or out and see, if these spikes change.

Cheers, Fritz

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this is not the case!   It happened when i installed the second monitor. If i remove it then everything is back to normal no Spikes at all!   Whenever i press the Alt key they dissapeared , this is very weird, i am sure it has something to do with my settings:    Fsxcfg  ,  Nvidia  , or any other settings . I still have no idea how to fix it.

What are the actual Video settings  for the Card NOT FSX 

Hello  Maurice .  I have just fixed my problem.  I used to have installed, an old enb series ,  as soon i removed it the spikes dissapeared !

Thanks again,

Mike

No worries  but IMHO your Video setting are a bit off ass well.  You have most of your settings Application controlled, FSX is as dumb as and has not a clue about more modern Graphics Cards so I'd be setting the Anti Anti-aliasing and other this manually and tuning accordingly .  

No worries  but IMHO your Video setting are a bit off ass well.  You have most of your settings Application controlled, FSX is as dumb as and has not a clue about more modern Graphics Cards so I'd be setting the Anti Anti-aliasing and other this manually and tuning accordingly .  

Exactly my thoughts. He'll have a lot of annoying shimmer in FSX, especially with a virtual cockpit. I don't understand his 40fps either, he's much better of with 30fps and Vsync 1/2 refresh rate.

Thanks guys for the info! I will go ahead and set my frames 30 and  Vsync 1/2 refresh rate.

Exactly my thoughts. He'll have a lot of annoying shimmer in FSX, especially with a virtual cockpit. I don't understand his 40fps either, he's much better of with 30fps and Vsync 1/2 refresh rate.

Thanks guys for the info!  I will go ahead and lock my frames to 30 and Vsync 1/2 refresh rate.   Is there any chance you can send me your settings (Video) so i can change mine accordingly.

Mike

Archived