Global vs Vector

Larglo

Hi all,

Now that I have Prepar3d v2 going pretty well and the anticipated patch coming out, I'm tuning my attention to the very best scenery I can get to make flying as enjoyable as possible. But here come the rub, which is the best?

I have Flight 1's GEX & UTX, and it seems to be running in P3d OK, but Orbx's ftx PNC will not work in P3d? I have been looking at ftx Global base pack & Victor which will run in P3d, but other sites they don't seem to be to hot on them? If I remember right, it was the fact that you need both to get all the benefits?  And to me, that's a pretty good sum of money, not that I wouldn't go for it, if it performed the way the pic's show?

What is the difference between the two and why have two different scenery programs from Orbx that , looks to me, does the same thing, or do they?

I do know on FSX, the ftx USA CANADA PACIFIC NORTHWEST looked great, and the freeware, the same!

Maybe someone could give some advice on how to go about this and better understand it. I did see an example showing, layers, of some sort, but, I'd like to know if getting both, Global and Vector would really make the scenery the best looking.

Thanks a heap,

Larry

Vector and Global work together, Global provides an overhaul to all ground textures in FSX while Vector is an enhancement to roads/rivers/railways/shorelines similar to UTX.

Also, Pacific Northwest will be updated to be P3Dv2 compatible soon.

Archived