Layering in Scenery Library

matthew47

Hello

OK, I have UTX, FTX-Global, FTX Vector, Orbx Terrain Regions, and multiple add-on airports from Orbx, Fly Tampa, FSDT, and Flight Beam.   You get the picture. 

QUESTION: How should I prioritize these add-ons in my scenery library.  I'm especially interested in UTX compared with FTX Global and Vector?  I'm assuming all of the Orbx Terrain Regions are a higher priority than UTX and Global and Vector and than the add-on airports go on the very top (highest priority).  Thanks for your help in this matter.

Matthew

Hi Mathew,

Definitely layer Vector above (lower entry number) UTX. I have all OrbX FTX Global, regions and airports, 3rd party airports and scenery above Vector but it's good to hear that you can put Vector on top of all as well. I was following the indications you can find in this post.
When you use Vector with UTX disable all UTX features in the Scenery Library except the Landclass entries else you would not see the corresponding Vector features like roads, streams, costlines, etc. (apologies if you were already aware of this).

Best Regards
Frank

Hey Guys

I greatly appreciate the feedback (VEY HELPFUL).  I read the topics of layers and LC,Mesh,Ground Environments, Vector and UTX  etc, and it got a little confusing.  I needed someone to tell me from top to bottom where things belong which helps me to understand the different layer priorities.  Thanks again.

Archived