FTXG Freeware airport KVNY issue

Kilstorm

Not sure if this will be true for all the other freeware airports in the packs, but I have FTXG, Vector and am using FSX for this. I installed the freeware packs and then wanted to see the parking spots for KVNY which is one of the airports in the freeware packs.

I opened up ADE and found the folder where the FTXG airports are.  However, when I go into the sim, I'm still getting the default BGL for the airport and not the new one.  I checked and in my scenery library there is a FTXG airports entry that is active.

Any help or advice?

While I can't comment on the bgl issue, I can give a piece of advice on finding what parking spots there are at an airport.  I use Plan-g for flight planning and finding parking spots when I want to be parked at a certain area on startup.

mWyZD.jpg

Hi Brian, I have ADE which shows the same thing on the airport layout.  Your airport layout is the default BGL file. I have no issue in finding the airport BGL layout for parking spot, just figure out why its not loading the new airport BGL as I have the buildings and static stuff just not the ground layout for parking and taxi etc.

Hi Kilstorm,

Interesting that you are getting the objects showing but not the airport layout.  You should have FTX Central set to "FTX Global" which you probably do as you see the objects.  Make sure that in your "ORNX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS folder you have the two ADE files: ADE_FTX_FTXG_KVNY.BGL and ADE_FTX_FTXG_KVNY_CVX.bgl and they are not set to .off for some reason.  If they are there look for KVNY airport files higher in priority than the ORBX folders.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil, it turned out I fixed the issue but got a new one. I had US Cities Los Angeles enabled which by disabling that allowed the airport bgl file to load correctly but now all the runways and taxi ways are sunk into the ground. I have my mesh set at 5 but even moving it down to 1 doesnt change anything. Any ideas?

Archived