Desktop icons

Marvic

For some reason my desktop airport icons disappeared, FTX Central, Aero, day and night lights are still there. Not a huge issue as I can access the panels through FTX central and all functions work.

Just not sure what happened.

Well the ones you have left are the only ones you really need so I would not worry! I have deleted all the various FTX airport / scenery area icons after modifying them following their initial installation as they just take up desktop space and you can access all of their functions through FTX Central anyway (not sure why yours disappeared spontaneously but at least it saves you the trouble of deleting them!).

Bill

For some reason my desktop airport icons disappeared, FTX Central, Aero, day and night lights are still there. Not a huge issue as I can access the panels through FTX central and all functions work.

Just not sure what happened.

Hi Marvic,

I have just had a similar but more serious malfunction - things were going great until I installed NZSI and Patch 002 (after a 2 hour download ! ) Ok so far, THEN, after running Orbxlib 131215. - Zap .

Most of my icons are gone including FSX and FTX Central and also IE and Downloads folder have been spirited away.

Although these were pinned to the Taskbar, clicking there does not work -the message is that they may have been moved or deleted !

I suspect that somehow they have been moved as I can access them via Computer and all FSX files and FTX / ORBX files are still there on my F: drive

I have checked every folder on every hard disk and also tried System Restore from my Backup drive - that did not work since presumably it could not find the original locations.

At least I can still fly although the procedures are a bit fiddly without the normal synergy between FSX and FTX Central

I have noticed that several Members have had problems after installing Libs 131215 and the effects differ, probably due to the variety of our set- ups. Hopefully the ORBX boffins will work their usual magic

If any Forum members can make a suggestion or two it would be much appreciated. - otherwise I shall have to bite the bullet and go for a total re- installation of Win 7, FSX & all my ORBX gear. At my age all this Angst is not good !

Cheers for now, Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived