Jabiru YJAB - Lat S12 39.61' Lon E132 53.64'

John York

This may have been reported before but if not this is just to notify you that Jabiru has a traffic problem.  Road vehicles are coming out of and into the front doors of the buildings, or, at least, under them;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This doesn't seem to be an OZx Airfield and I'm not even sure if it's one of your defaults or FSX but the traffic does look most odd and my pictures don't really capture the true story because this seems to be happening at whatever building elevation you look at.

John

Thank you ImageShack

John this is a default FSX field. Looks nothing like the field. It is used for tourit flight over Kakadu NP and to Jim Jim and Twin Falls in particular. It could do with some OZx treatment and I have been meaning to post a request but put it off as the lads seem so busy.

Alex

I think I may be in Jabiru during June /July and going for a joy flight over Kakado . If there is interest and I actually get there, then I could take  some pics of the airport or anything required.   

I think I may be in Jabiru during June /July and going for a joy flight over Kakado . If there is interest and I actually get there, then I could take  some pics of the airport or anything required.   

Alan, I agreed to do a makeover of this one for OZx at Alex's request.  I have some poor photos of the strip dragged off the web, but some good photos would be a dream come true.  You just need to get the four elevations of each and every building on the strip, but a few atmospherics of the place to help with adding infil objects, refueling stations, bins, junk etc, so like an international flight, make sure you get there 2 hours before departure ;)

cheers

Prof

Yeah, i hope that Jabiru gets the treatment, and maybe oenpelli 20nm north. Bit suprised that the ranger mine isn't even there in the mesh?

I could take photo's of both as im in and out everyday of jabiru, but phone camera's wouldn't do much good for scenery work.

I think most people would be very suprised as to how busy jabiru airport is. Vincent aviation fly B1900's and conquests in and out twice a week i think, plus its one of the only places to get fuel east of darwin besides manigrida!

Archived