UTX uninstalled-Vector still does not show roads

berg319k9

Help wanted........LOL!

Order Number: FSS0259503
Order Date: 2013-12-31

Here's my issue and I've read lots of posts on this already but I think my issue is different since its not resolved by the ideas I've read about and tried.

For starters I had UTX USA for ever and a day.  Installed FTXG, loved the effect of UTX USA and FTXG.  Purchased Vector and installed it as anyone else here would and I couldn't tell any difference so I started to uncheck UTX USA.

That yielded no roads!  So I started reading the forums and the manual.  Manual says UTX USA directly competes (makes sense), but the landclass may work.  So I re-checked ground polys, waterclass, water, and the land classes for UTX USA.  Restarted and to no avail still no roads with Vector enabled.  After that I tried a number of combinations moving the scenery libray around so everything and all Orbx was at the top of the priority list.  Even moved against the manual's wishes the Vector files to higher priorities, restart the sim and sure enough no roads and nothing that looked like what Orbx has posted for screen shots (yes I got it Orbx takes the pretty pictures we drool over, not everyones sim will look the same) but what I should have seen is nicely adjusted coastlines, ROADS, etc. like the product has advertised.

Still nothing!  So I decided to un-install Vector, and un-install UTX USA (minimum install is what I did, paranoid me their little disclaimer that if you do a complete scrub it might mess things up/results not guaranteed).  I than reinstalled Vector..........opened the scenery library and darn it if UTX was not still there so I deleted all entries in the scenery library for UTX USA.  Restarted the sim check the scenery library and ah ha! no more UTX USA........wonderful (not so much)

Started a flight, and sure enough FTXG looks great!  Now I have zero roads, zero water, no fabulous coast lines..........I'm stumped now

My scenery library without doing screen shots looks like this:

Orbx Libs

Orbx Airports

Orbx Regions

Orbx OpenLC Europe 1

Orbx Open LC NAmerica 1

Orbx Open LC Base

Fly Tampa scenery

Imagine sim scenery

FSDream team scenery

Fly Tampa scenery

US Cities X scenery

Fly Tampa Scenery

Dangerous Airports scenery

Tongas X scenery

Fly Tampa scenery

Default stuff below ( ie berlin, langleot , etc)

Africa

Orbx Vector

(all the base scenery)

Orbx Vector AEC

Default Scenery

Default Terrain

Should I move Orbx Vector and Orbx Vector AEC below the FTXG files on this list to look like this:

Orbx Libs

Orbx Airports

Orbx Regions

Orbx OpenLC Europe 1

Orbx Open LC NAmerica 1

Orbx Open LC Base

Orbx Vector

Orbx Vector AEC

Really need some help here after I've done all these tried ideas to include un-installing UTX USA and still have no results.  My test area has been around KSAT.

So after all this and trial and error and pulling my hair out.  I checked to see which version of FTXG I had installed..........I only had 1.10!  I downloaded v1.2 and apparently never got around to installing it confusing me about which one I had installed, and I know I read it in several posts to confirm you have 1.2 patch installed.

So after the install all my roads were back and I re-installed UTX USA unchecked everything but the UTX USA landclass, and ground polygons.  Voila!  My sim is now perfect again.  UTX USA's landclass matches near perfect around KSAT with Vector.  Checked all my other flying areas I enjoy up in MI and other FTX regions and all seemed ok.

Thanks for the wake up Bernd!

Archived