FSS wrapper validation failure

antonvs

Hi, I still have a problem validating any purchase from The FlightSimStore (FSS) over the last week or so. I get a message box stating

"Validation failed: download incomplete" "Please make sure you are connected to the internet and click next to try again"

I have disabled windows firewall and anti-virus. I have not had a problem installing and validating 80+ products from FSS on this PC over the last three months then all of a sudden this happened about a week ago. I also tried a manual validation process but this failed also while reading the returned .fsk file.

I now have two products purchased from FSS (one for $100) that I can't install. Please help as you will understand I won't be making any more purchases until I solve this issue. I tried contacting FSS but there is no one there, I figure closed for holiday period.

So I turn again to FTX forum for help as I am now at an impasse. I have purchased FS Global 2010 FTX version so I can get an accurate Mesh but now can't install it. Sorry to be a pain but I have no other issue connecting to the internet or registering products from other sources.

If someone can help I would be very grateful. Cheers Anton.

Hi Anton,

While you wait for FSS contact:

Just been going through this myself, with a brand new OS install on a SSD, all activations are going through fine

I use Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows/security-essentials-download instead of Avast, and can highly reccomend it as an alternative, its also free..

Not sure if that helps or not, I have nothing to do with the FSS validation system, just an end-user like yourself

OK Thanks Tim, I have been using Avast! pro (paid subscription) for years now and besides I have it (and firewall) disabled, so this should not be an issue.

Very strange and especially as I don't see anyone else having this issue. But nor can I see anything on the PC or my internet gateway that would be causing it.

I note that FSS had a similar problem back in July last year:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hi All,

The FlightSim Store is currently having issues with online validation for products that utilise our wrapper system. Customers are receiving the following error message when attempting to validate using the online validation method:

Validation failed: Server did not specify content length.

Please ensure you are connected to the internet and click Next to try again.

The problem has arisen following a change we have made to our server hosting configuration. We are working on the issue at the moment but in the meantime please use the manual validation method as outlined here:

https://flightsimsto...ocess-explained

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems very similar.

Solution found. One of three things interferring with the FSS validation process. I don't know which one yet but I closed the following and the FSGlobal 2010 is going ahead.

1. Evernote

2. Dropbox link

3. Getright

I suspect it may be Evernote, but I will test when I try to validate NA KBVS Skagit Regional. All is loading well at this stage, showing about 10% done for all continents.

Please feel free to close this support request. I'm off flying again. Wahoo!

Archived