Installation issue

depc87

Hello, I recently purchased the Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR from www.flightsimstore.com. My order number is FSS0259140. I downloadead the 2.41 gb zip from 3 different available links provided by the website since the first download I did, could not be installed. This is the message that I get: When running the OrbxFTXGlobalVECTOR100.exe, during the unwrapping process, I get the following error: Extract: error writing to file OrbxFTXGlobalVector100.exe and hence the installation process aborts. As explained in the beginning, I have already downloaded more than once from more than one link, and I get the same issue. Please I d appreaciate if you could give a solution to this ASAP since I was very excited to use this product and people recommended that purchasing it would be a great deal. Hope to hear from you soon

I am not  in support but here are a couple of ideas.

1....  Make sure you have sufficient disk space where youare installing to. I had a problem once with a download and doscovered I had 64KB space remaining. Make sure you also empty the recycle bin.

2...  It is possible that have had an issue with  the original download and the file got corrupted and is effecting subsequent downloads. Perhaps clearing the internet cache of your browser or using a different browser to download will fix it.This forces the browser to carry out a full new download, and not try relying on what it's already got stored in temporary files from an earlier, failed download

You have not mentioned if you are using FSx, PRepar3d V1 or Prepar3d V2 .

Roy

Archived