Proper Pilots FSGlobal Install?

Piper9t3

I have downloaded all six files for Pilots FSGlobal 2010 FTX Edition. I have extracted the zip file into its own directory named FTXGlobal 2010 and placed the five (5) z.01 - z.05 files into the same directory in my F:drive as shown on screenshot right. The total folder size is 42.9GB.

After running the installer as Admin, I directed the install to F: drive (for all All Continents) and the installer generated another folder named FSGX2010 as seen on screenshot left. The total folder size is 18.0GB.

The install went ok without errors but why would it only be 18GB in size when the downloaded content is much larger at 42.9GB? My intent is to use the mesh together with Vector in P3Dv2 located in the F:drive. Has the install been successfully completed for all Continents?

YZEK.jpg

Further to my OP I have this error pop-up which for sure tells me full installation of FSGlobal 2010 did not occur:

stmxa.jpg

I also note that my operating system drive C: got maxed out after installing FSGlobal so I am certain all files were not copied.

Hello!

This is most probably due to not enough space in your TEMP Directory. How much space is left on drive C: which usually holds the temp dir? The store wrapper (we didn't do that one!) seems to copy all installation files there. So, if not enough space, file not there, not installed!  

You can point the Windows temp variable to a drive with enough space and then move it back to where it was for the moment. Google will help if you don't know how to do that. We have noticed the guys at 
flightsimstore.com and hope they will come up with a solution. At least a warning.

Ok I have re-installed into my F:drive and the new folder generated named is F: FSGX2010 (Size 23.2GB). It contains 8 subfolders for all the continents plus LocalMeshes. Is this correct?

You will see after downloading all files from FSS you get five z.01-z.05 files. How are these files implemented into the install process? The complete download is 42.9GB but the installed product is only 23.2GB which makes me wonder if all mesh files were fully installed?

John

Archived