Vector / Co-Existing Question

JPL19

Is it at all feasible that Vector and "brand X" could co-exist on the same system, just not active at the same time?  What I am aiming towards is being able to use my existing software in areas where it is well refined, and Vector in the rest of the world. 

As I understand, Vector can be "disabled" by un-checking / removing two relevant folders.  So, if I do not "uninstall" my other vector software, will I have conflicts  when Vector is active and checked / or / not active and not checked?

I am aware of the hoopla . . .  I have pretty much the full range of FSG mesh (except for the latest NextMap series).

I also promise that if I buy Vector, I most certainly visit some corner of the world where there are no existing screen shots, and, in all possibility find issue (or not)...  So, I understand that is what the support forum is for . . .

Hi Joe L

I was a bit concerned about compatibility with UTX Canada ,USA and Alaska, and I found, after hours of experimenting, that if you leave the default position of Orbx Vector where it is initially set in the Scenery Library hierarchy,    Vector data will not interfere with UTX. If you don't want Vector data to be processed (let's say you're experimenting)- Just  'disable' that checkbox.  If I am flying within one of these UTX regions, their data will normally take precedence and that is usually satisfactory. There is a way to disable the UTX data. The safe way is to exit the FS program and use the UTX Configurator programs to enter the 'quick ultimate terrain enable/disable' selection. That will turn off the UTX functionality if desired. Other posts in the support forums will discuss ways to get the best of both worlds working together, but I did not find anything to work with my needs.

Orbx Vector also places a second entry into the Scenery Library which actually has nothing to do with vector data. It is named 'ORBX!VECTOR_AEC'  and that is an 'airport elevation correction' file entry. This data adjusts runway elevations to work better with the newer mesh files now available.

Your 'brand X'  products, being higher in the scenery library list should work exactly as before. I have other products, such as Aerosoft Las Vegas, Antarctica, Caribbean Islands, Grand Canyon etc.  Seem to work fine (so far) good luck :)

To have some fun with Vector, visit Bora Bora  [NTTB].  Wow!

Dave

Archived