ILS quesition

atrdriver

Asking this here because I simply don't know the answer.  I was flying into KDFW the other day and was flying the ILS to 36L, but was in visual conditions.  The problem was that the ILS had me lined up well to the left of the runway centerline.  Are navaids part of the FTX Global package, or are they found somewhere else in the scenery files where I could fix a problem like this myself?  I don't ever remember flying an ILS to this RW with the default scenery so I can't say if it worked before installing the FTX Global or not.

Thanks!

Alex is correct,

At the time of FSX release, there were major runway works at KDFW and the ILS of 36L was moved to the left,  the runway was extended by about 2,000 ft and took almost 2 years, On completion, the ILS beacon was returned to correct position, However,it was written into FSX with this offset position,  and exists in default.

This was discovered soon after release and there was a fix for FSX,  available here; http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/10969/afcad-file-for-kdfw/

dated a while ago though.

Ron.

Sorry mate,  have no idea,  it was too long ago but I remembered the fix.

It was just a .bgl file that was simply added, ie. 'KDFW_ADE_SWS.bgl '  to the scenery or addons folder. ( if you had one)

There are installation instructions,  I can't remember,  maybe, to be sure, backup the folder first.

It's just a single file, so if you have problems, or if it wants to replace an existing one, make sure to copy the existing one first, then it can be removed if problems happen.

I didn't have FTX at the time,  but I don't think Orbx made any changes to default Navaids, however, it did change the position of the touchdown distance marker, which was also wrong in FSX.

Hope this helps,

Ron.

Archived