Settings - Questions from a Canadian

John Haley

Is there any way to fine tune some of the Global Vector settings.     

Roads, rivers - offsets.   

I feel its important to ask the question as some of the UTX settings are easily changeable.    

For example, if I want to turn to Canadian lakes from water to ice, I can do it with the UTX interface which allows me to change dozens of settings.    A couple of clicks and the landscape changes, flying in Canada this time of year with open water in a lot of locations is not very realistic.  

I want to uninstall UTX eventually, but I have a feeling its always going to be around, so that you can fine tune some of the finer settings of FSX.  

I like what I've seen of Global Vector, but I would like to know about making changes such as I've just mentioned.     If I uninstall UTX, there will no longer be any way for me to manipulate water/ice textures within the sim, unless FTX Global VECTOR adds ice to lakes at a certain time of the year and at a certain latitude, something I think which would be highly unlikely.  

Thanks!

JH 

FSS0082252 - Orbx - Lancair

FSS0121385 - Orbx - FTX Pacific Northwest, Canada Northern Rockies, Central Rockies

FSS0121750 - Orbx - Pacific Fjords

FSS0220850 - Orbx - Southern Alaska

FSS0223950 - Orbx - FTX Global

FSS0257567 - Orbx - FTX Global Vector

Wow, making some quick glances around the FSX world after installing this new program, and making certain section of UTX "inactive".   

I don't know if this is design, but first and foremost, there is ICE in the north and in the south there is open water.    Is this a result of the installation of Vector?  

Archived