Global 1.10 error message on install

joe90ok

I have 267GB free space on my D drive where all my flight sim installations are located but only 4.34 GB available on my 111GB SSD C drive where my operating system is installed.

Can't install FTX Global 1.10 and receive error message.

No answer on previous post by another customer, with the same issue so can you please provide support if possible, thanks.

Hi Joe,

seriously,  how can the fact you don't have enough space on your drive be a support issue.

I would simply free up some space on C;.     Several ways, reduce size of recycle bin, remove all but last restore point, disk cleanup.

you will need around 20 gig of free space.

If you have large files with photo's etc.  move them to the other drive,  only takes a few seconds to cut and paste.

Then get Global unzipped and installed,  once up and running, move the large global zip file etc over to D: drive.

Then put the files/folders photo's you moved, back to the C; drive.

Ron.

I wasn't trying to install to the C drive so didn't think I needed any space on C drive? Hence the support question.

If I'm not installing on the C drive then how would I know how much space, if any, I needed on the C drive without getting support?

Anyway, I got it sorted by removing some programs, installing Global and then reinstalling the previously removed software.

Weird thing is Global didn't take up any more space on the C drive but seemed to need temp space on it to unpack before installing onto the D drive. I'm not technical enough to fully appreciate your comment which seemed a bit harsh to me but hopefully you will appreciate that some people such as myself may require more support than others.

Global Seems to need just over 5gb on C drive (OS drive) to get beyond the unpacking stage and I didn't need to move anything from the C drive afterwards as it was being installed on the D drive not the C drive.

Hardly got anything on my C drive other than the operating system so may have to invest in a bigger SSD sometime soon. Must be those darn windows updates that keep reducing the available space albeit I did notice that my P3D V1.4 and V2 together take up about 34 GB of disk space on my C drive even though they are installed on my D drive?

Hope this helps other noobs in the same predicament.

Thanks

Archived