Seaplanes / Docks at Kenai

RALF9636

Hi Russ,

I don't see any seaplanes on the side of the water strip (even with all AI Traffic set to 100%). Also there is no seaplane dock - only the "gaps" on the ground textures, no 3D dock.

As you said I should see all that, could you please help?

Regards

Ralf

Ralf

Look in the forums: "Release announcements" for Patch 1. Also there is a new ORBXLIBS 131215 which you should have (also under release announcements). To be honest, I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the seaplane water landing docks. I am sure that Russ White will get that all sorted out for you in the next few days.

Dave

Ralf,

although you had installed the latest ORBX libraries previously it is standard practice to always re-install the libraries LAST after installing any scenery/patches etc. The reason is that you may install software that was written prior to the latest libraries being released and that could over write some library files with older versions.  To prevent this, any time you install ORBX scenery etc. into FSX just re-install the libraries last so all files are up to date.

I keep a unzipped copy of the libraries in a folder on my HD so I can run it anytime I need to.  When a new library is released I unzip it and replace the .exe file for the library.  Also do not attempt to run the installers for ORBX scenery, patches or libraries from inside the zip files, always unzip them and run them from the unzipped file.

Spud, my post was ambiguous, but I reinstalled the libraries after the patch of course. And I always unzip all the files before installing. Good hints nevertheless, thank you.

By the way, I can see docks and seaplanes at PAJN and PAKT just fine, but not at PAEN.

There is no 3D dock, just the gaps on the ground imagery and the float planes docked in some of them. You have to remember that performance is excellent at Kenai despite the high level of airport detail and that is only possible by being very careful with the use of geometry. I am sure you would all rather have the performance, which is most people's biggest concern when looking at addon airport/scenery.

Can you see the float planes docked? if yes, then all is as it should be, if you cant see the planes then report back here with a screenshot so i can better diagnose the problem.

Thanks for your response Russ.

That easily explains why I don't see any 3D docks ::).

I totally agree that performance is a major concern and that PAEN has an excellent performance. But may I ask you to consider adding at least some docks where we can berth our floatplanes to? Docking just to the 2D ground textures is only half the fun and looks a little disappointing compared to what the other side of the airport has to offer. And PAJN and PAKT do have 3D docks. Maybe you could make 3D docks optional so that they can be turned off when not flying floatplanes.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to criticize at all. This airport is a great work.

The problem that remains for me is that I don't see any seaplanes docked at PAEN. There are static and moving aircraft at the apron.

I'm using DX10 and Mytraffic 5.4c. AI sliders have been maxed for the screenshots.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/12/27/bQSfI.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/12/27/EZ3C.jpg

Another weird thing is the Beaver seaplane stranded at the apron. But I don't know if that is connected with the lack of seaplanes on the water.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Ralf

I use Mytraffic 5.4c. In the scenery folder of mytraffic I found the file BR2_PAEN.BGL. No other files containing "PAEN" were found in my FSX installation.

I renamed the file to BR2_PAEN.off and also tried with mytraffic deactivated in the scenery library. But still no seaplanes at Kenai.

Archived