S45 Siletz Bay taxiway crash by beacon at night

mac99

having a  crash with an invisible object during night/dusk/dawn on the  taxiway and in grass in the area of the beacon.

I read another thread about same issue I'm having but, that thread was quite old.

At that time the fix was to turn crash detection off, I was wondering if there is another fix I have not found?

thanks

• 1 year later...

Hello,  I know this is an old thread, but as it's still marked as active I'll report my problem here  initially.
I too am having the collision problem with the Siletz Bay airport beacon (actually the light beam I think).
It only happens when the beacon is on (dusk 'til dawn) and when you draw level with the beacon.

Please don't suggest turning crash detection off. I have no problems with it else where and It is not an option I should be expected to take, or am willing to take. The actual problem here is to do with the scenery, which is otherwise delightful.

Any progress with this?  It's ruining an otherwise nice field for me.

My problem is exactly as described in this thread:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/51708-s45-siletz-ver-101-crash-on-taxiway-runway-due-to-invisible-crashboxes/?hl=%2Bsiletz+%2Bbay+%2Bbeacon#entry456914

Now the the other thread suggests the problem was fixed (but without actual confirmation from those affected), but perhaps a recent version of the ORBX library has un-fixed it, as I definately have it now.
The version of S45 I have installed is from a file called OrbxFTXNAS45105 down loaded from the FlightSim Store today.
I have the latest ORBX libraries installed (FTXORBXLIBS_150331) and PNW is patched up to the lastest version (008).

Thank you,
Dave.

Archived