FSX Crashing at Start Up

JohnE77

Well, I don't know where else to go with this issue. More and more, my FSX is crashing at start up. I can hear the "Ultimate Traffic 2 initializing" voice and then nothing happens, and then a message says FSX needs to be shut down. I thought I had fixed the issue earlier this weekend by installing the latest Nvidia drivers, but that didn't solve the issue. I am using Windows 7, 64 bit. Below is the error report. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

John

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: StackHash_27eb

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 751ac9f5

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 27eb

Additional Information 2: 27eb358fe674a6f15dafe56d42bb9bf3

Additional Information 3: 2f06

Additional Information 4: 2f06c18113e6d7c00e6b91fa1fde84b6

Thanks for the tip Wildweasel. Unfortunately, though, that didn't work. I deleted fsx.cfg (I didn't know it was on my C drive) and restarted the computer, then restarted FSX and got another crash at start up with the same Problem signature.

What next??

Thanks so much!

John

BTW, I purchased and installed PAJN and PAEN today. I wouldn't think they are the issue since I had this issue before then. Who knows? Oh, and I also installed REX 4 yesterday. But then again, I had this problem before, just not as consistent.

Thanks.

Hold on.

I first deleted an fsx cfg text file, and I then went back and saw the real fsx.cfg, which I deleted. I then restarted the computer, restarted FSX, and it compiled a new fsx.cfg, asking me if I wanted certain dll's installed, etc… I put "Yes" for every one since I recognized them. So, we may be making progress!! I'll let you know.

Thanks,

John

Yes, I have had FSDT scenery. Where do you find the addon manager file?

Thanks! 

Well, deleting my fsx.cfg didn't get rid of the problem. Still another crash at start up.

So, I just installed the latest FSDT Addon Manager. We'll see if that works. So far fine, but I've only had 1 good start up since then. I'll let you know tomorrow. Getting late here, and I work tomorrow! Ugh!

Thanks!

John,

This sounds like a module (or similar) loading crash. Since trashing your FSX.cfg, I'm guessing it goes straight to the "startup screen" rather than a saved flight. I recently had this issue with a rebuild. It was RealityXP having not inserted itself properly in both the exe and dll.xml files. Easily fixed :)

What addons do you have installed and have you tried stiopping them from loading with comments in your DLL.xml and exe.xml files? It sounds scary but isn't as long as you make single changes and test.

Could you post the content of your dll.xml file here? It is in the same dir as fsx.cfg

best

jake

Thanks, Jake. As soon as I tried to open FSX today it crashed at start up, so installing the latest Addon Manager for FSDT didn't help. I think the issue may be with the Level D 767 dll. I have received messages for FSX recently that there were problems with that dll - recommending that it not be loaded (I did so anyway). Here is my current dll.xml:

The paste option isn't working. I think I'll just disable the Level D 767 dll and the Addon Manager dll when my fsx.cfg is created again.

Very frustrating! Thanks for any help!

John

Archived