FTX Global install problem?

FlyDeltaJets

QW757, OpusFSX, CS727, LDS767.

Those addons do not need to write/modify a core FSX file, that is why they work.

You may need to also check the folder permissions on your main FSX folder, try right-clicking on the FSX folder and select Security >>  then ensure you have permission to modify and read/write, after changing any of these options you'll need to reboot the PC for it to take effect

With Win7 64bit I run a small freeware program called TakeOwnership on all directories relevant to FSX / Simconnect / FSUIPC both on my main rig and my networked laptop. In addition to disabling UAC and running all programs and installers as admin. TakeOwnership has solved all my rights issues.

Cheers,

Hmm, you could try allowing Full Control for all users in charge of the folder. That does the same things as allowing read/write and modify but all in one tick. 

Are you using Windows 7 or 8? 

Tried your suggestion and selected Full Control, no help.

Windows 8.1

Is FTX Global compatible with Windows 8/8.1?

I see no info on fullterrain FTX Global product page or on the FlightSimStore purchase page about any OS compatibility.

How do I completely remove all FTX Global product files? Do I need to remove FSX to accomplish this? I guess I could go back to restore point made prior to install, since that was last change made.

Will the company issue my credit card a credit/refund?

Thanks

It is compatible with Windows 8.x, no recurring issues have popped up as of yet.

The issue is still one of permissions that can occur on Vista/7/XP. I can't think of another solution if everything is being done through administrator accounts and with full ownership permissions. The last thing I can think of is anti-virus. Try disabling any antivirus while installing and doing the run of FTX Central afterward. Otherwise I'll put out a message to the team for more input so we can work out what has gone wrong

I do disable antivirus prior to any program install. I just now disabled everything, started FTX Central and still have the terrian.cfg denied problem.

Could the actual terrian.cfg file be corrupt? No other scenery has been installed. FSX install is not even a month old. Can I get a copy of the disc?

Thanks

If the terrain.cfg were corrupt you would notice very wrong landscapes, mismatched textures, flickering, autogen incorrect.

Do you have User Account Control turned on? I'll post out a message to the team about this to get more input on the permissions issue.

Hmm, how about trying replacing the default terrain.cfg and cycling FTX Central to attempt reinserting the values. It's a long shot but it could work...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65749-ftx-central-error-terraincfg-has-no-landlclass-section/

Also by any chance have you moved your FSX install location on your hard drive? Starting to clutch at straws but it's possible it could be a registry error...

Dl'd the terrian.cfg file in your reply. Installed it, and, it worked!!! I have a terrian.cfg file in, FTX Global/backup. I tried that one yesterday with the same error. So is that one bad too?

I have some gaps in the major road/freeway lights. Is that normal? Do I need to install any updates, if so which ones? This is what is displayed when FTX Central is started.( v1 build 1040 October 2013 )

Thanks for your help, glad the terrian.cfg error is resolved!

Hmm, now that is strange. It sounds like Windows is having trouble with the permissions for an individual file. That's the only thing I can think of if the terrain.cfg Tim posted works and accepts new entries and works in the simulator. 

I'm not sure about the freeway lights, if you post them we can check though. 

For updates it never hurts to install the latest libraries:

http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/FTXORBXLIBS_131027.zip

And the 1.10 patch for FTX Global if you don't have it already:

http://myftx.com/FTX_AU_BLUE/OrbxFTXGlobal110.zip

Archived