Please help FTXCentral is driving me crazy - not working.........

caribou

Hello -  I just bought 3 new regions and uninstalled all orbx scenery in order to start a fresh Orbx install. 

I then installed Australia (Avalon dvd) and had a problem with FTXCentral when I installed sp4.003.

At that point I uninstalled Orbx and once again installed Australia and found a solution to that FTXCentral problem.

I previously posted a message about FTXCentral being destroyed after I installed Australia sp4.003.   I found the solution to that by installing the previous sp3, sp4,sp4.1 and then sp4.003.   At that point FTXcentral and my Australia scenery were working ok.

I then installed PNW and at the end of the install as it was about to finish, I got a message

"Windows cannot find FTXCentral.exe".    I then looked on the desktop and FTXCentral icon was there and it was working and did display icons for Default, Oceana and North America.    I clicked on each and applied and it apparently worked.

I then set FTXCentral to Oceana and checked scenery.cfg but that showed that no Orbx entries were present,

I then checked scenery.cfg_Orbx_backup and it did have Australia entries but no PNW entries.

I'm at a total loss as what to do next.   

Thanks in advance   -   Howard

Not sure on the Avalon DVD issue as I dont do the installers/patches

Regarding FTXcentral, if its not changing the Scenery.cfg it is worth checking you're running the FTXcentral icon 'as administrator' (right click the icon >> Properties >> Compatibility >> tick box marked: 'Run this program as an administrator'

And install the latest Orbx Libraries patch: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs as FTXcentral has changed a lot since the AU/NA regions

Thanks Tim, for your reply.

I'm signed on as administrator and I have the latest OrbxLIbs installed.    What I'm finding is that after the installation finishes, scenery.cfg is not updated.    I've been updating it manually in order to use the scenery.     

It appears that FTXCentral does move files around to correspond with the region I select (scenery looks correct as much as I can tell).   

Also, when I try to move scenery files in FSX (Scenery LIbrary) it does allow me to move them, but when I check scenery.cfg itself after closing FSX, it shows that nothing was moved.

Tim, is updating scenery.cfg  by FTXCentral the last thing that FTXCentral does?    The reason I ask, is that I want to be sure FTXCentral is at least correctly moving files around as it's supposed to and doing other actions it's supposed to.   Is there any way I can check that FTXCentral has properly done all except update scenery.cfg?      If the only thing it's not doing is updating  scenery.cfg, I can live with that by doing it manually.

Appreciate your help

Howard

It doesn't matter if you sign into Windows as administrator, you'll still need to set the FTXcentral icon as I described above

You should not need to do anything manually, if my advice is followed and it still doesn't work we'll delve deeper into security/permissions, as there is something at your end which is preventing FTXcentral from operating

Do you also run FTXGlobal?

It doesn't matter if you sign into Windows as administrator, you'll still need to set the FTXcentral icon as I described above

You should not need to do anything manually, if my advice is followed and it still doesn't work we'll delve deeper into security/permissions, as there is something at your end which is preventing FTXcentral from operating

Do you also run FTXGlobal?

I just set FTXCentral icon to run as administrator and will be installing NZSI in a day or so and will then be able to see if there's a problem at end of installation.    I just tried the icon after the change and it still comes up with message:

"FTX Configurator

Failed to load scenery.cfg file.  Error loading scenery.cfg"

I don't have FTXG.

Thanks  

Hi Tim

I installed CRM and also got the message about not locating scenery.cfg at the end of the installation after FTXCentral ran.   I had previously installed the following: AU, PNW, NRM, PFJ, SAK - All of them had problems with FTXCentral locating scenery.cfg.   In all of those installtaions the scenery appears to be correct and FTXCentral does seem to do it's job when I switch between AU and NA regions, except that it displays the message about not being able to locate scenery.cfg.

After installing CRM the CRM scenry definitely didn't install properly.   I took a photo and hope it displays ok - this is the first time I'm uploading a photo to the forum.    The other scenery previously installed still looks good.

hBkcM.png

thanks

foregot one important point - that CRM photo is of Yakima....

The only major addon aside from FTX is Tongass Fjords.

Anyway, I decided to uninstall Orbx and start over.    So far I've installed Au, NZSI,NZNI -  and FTXCentral and those regions are working as they should.   Before I installed the first one (AU), I did delete scenery.cfg and then let FSX produce a new one, then I did the install.  Worked well....

Thanks for you help Tim.....    Howard

Archived