Australia sp4.003 destroys FTXCentral during install

caribou

Hello I'm having a problem trying to install Australia sp4.003.

I previously uninstalled all of my orbx products due to problems with FTXCentral.  

Then I installed Australia from the Avalon dvd and started FSX and it worked ok, flying in Australia. 

I then installed the SP4.003 update and at the end of the install the screen message said that FTXCentral will be displayed and I could choose the region I want to use.

FTXCentral did not display and I can't find it anywhere.   The old FTX Mode icon was still displayed but clicking it indicated it was missing.

I then uninstalled Orbx and reinstalled again - with same results after SP4.003 finished installing

- no FTXCentral.

Please help - I just bought 3 more regions and wanted to properly install all my Obrx products from scratch.

Thanks in advance    Howard

FTX Central should be located in \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral.

Can you manually locate it? If so what happens if you launch it?

You can also try installing the latest ORBX libraries. This can sometimes fix any anomalies.

Also do you have Microsoft Flight Simulator X installed in Program Files(x86)? If so and you are using Window 7 or 8 this could cause problems.

FSX should be installed outside this directory. (ie. C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X )

Sometimes FTX Central does not display on your desktop if you moved it to a location off-screen last session. There is a fix for this, I am not at my PC at present but search the forums. But first thing to test is if you can run ftxcentral.exe from the \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral folder.

Thanks for the replys - John, FTXCentral does not show up in the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral folder.    I remember having a problem with previous Australia updates (in the early years), where FTXCentral was also affected.   I'll check my archive files to see if I can locate more info.     Please let me know if you do have a fix.   Thanks   Howard

Archived