EGKA flickering signs on buildings

curbz

Hi... on my system I'm experiencing flickering of nearly all the signs on airport buildings at Shoreham (EGKA). For example, moving West to East along the hangars/buildings the following signs are flickering:

Eastern Atlantic

Apollo Aviation Advisors

Avionics Services

MCA Aviation

Blackhawk Authorised Distributors

Welcome to Shoreham Brighton City Airport

Executive Handling

The Stanley Roberts Workshop

Ricardo

Fast Helicopters Ltd

They are flickering rapidly between the correct image and black boxes/triangles.

Is there are fix for this as it's ruining an otherwise perfect scenery?

Thanks!

Our extensive beta testing reported zero flickering of those signs at EGKA, so I would say it is local to your PC, and your video card settings.

I would firstly follow the EGKA User Guide and apply the FSX settings shown there, especially your Anisotropic Flitering (AF) settings. Secondly if you have an nVidia card you should be using the Inspector app to tune your card for the most efficient AA settings suitable for your card. There are plenty of guides out there which can walk you through the optimum video card settings.

Thanks for the quick reply JV, much appreciated. 

Yes, I have an NVidia card (GTX 670 2GB) and I use nvidiaInspector tool to tune.

I followed the EGKA user guide, to the letter, and also ensured my nvidiaInspector settings were tuned correctly - but I still experience the flickering. I have tried Anisotropic set in game and set to 'Application Controlled' in nvidiaInspector as well as overriding in nvidiaInspector with 'User-defined / Off' and '16x'. I've also tried several other settings and combinations but nothing resolves the issue.

I don't believe it to be a graphics driver related as I've been experiencing this issue for a long while now and been through several driver releases and updates - currently running 331.40.

Reading my post I reported the problem as "they [the signs] are flickering rapidly between the correct image and black boxes/triangles" - which isn't exactly correct, the signs (or part of) are disappearing and you see the building material behind them - no black boxes/triangles. I've posted a video (link below) that shows you what I'm seeing - one thing I've noticed and captured in the video to demonstrate is that  zooming in on the signs stops the flickering - zoom back out and the flickering returns. The same is true if you are in close proximity to the signs - so if you wander around in BOB up close then you don't see the issue, but move out to the taxiway and the flickering is there. Notice too how the 'HSL Headset Services Limited' signage does not flicker in the slightest no matter what zoom setting - a lot of signs are fine but quite a few are suffering. Here's the short vid:

http://youtu.be/DD4KIonBRpw

I've loaded up EGHR Goodwood and do not see any flickering of signs whatsoever. Or at Cardiff.

Thanks

I've just purchased EGHI and again here I do not see any flickering of building signs. It only happens with EGKA scenery.

Would anyone else who has this scenery and an nvidia card be kind enough to post their nvinspector settings for me to compare? Many thanks.

• 4 months later...

Hi curbz,

I too had this problem at Shoreham, intense flickering on all signs until close up.  Sadly, this issue led me to give up on the scenery.  I did try just about every setting in Inspector to no avail.

Cheers,

Mark

• 3 months later...

Thanks Mark - sorry, only just noticed your reply... it's very odd why we should experience such an issue having tried tirelessly to find a solution - I have 30+ addon airports and this is the only one I see the problem at. Shame you felt that you had to give up on it when you've paid out for it but I can understand why. For me EGKA is my local airfield so very much loathed to give it up.

Archived